Thread: City map for a video game

Map City map for a video game

Hi there,

I am working for an indie game publisher and we’re looking for an artist to produce a city map for The Forgotten City, a narrative-driven adventure game set in a small ancient Roman city in 65AD.
    We’d like an isometric “3D” map like the one below, preferably in A2 format, digital, 300dpi. Our final delivery date would be end of April 2021.

If you’re a professional and are interested in this project, please contact me at emma--at--dearvillagers.com, so that I can share with you a more detailed brief.

Many thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_bench.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	127991

That looks a lot like a MistyBeee map. She's on the forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    That looks a lot like a MistyBeee map. She's on the forums here.
    I think it might be Francesca Baerald, who is also on the Guild.
    Both are likely already booked for the next few months though.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I think it might be Francesca Baerald, who is also on the Guild.
    Both are likely already booked for the next few months though.
    Yes, I think you're right about Francesca, and also I'd be more inclined to guess they're booked through like, September, lol... I doubt they even take 3 month turnarounds. I do! But the map I have that's most like this is still a work in progress and I don't expect it to be done for a few more days at least.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Ah yeah, I was actually thinking of Francesca's maps when I said it . Oh well, there are worse things than getting confused between two masters. As it happens you two are correct, it's here.

Can anyone suggest what you need in order to create a beautiful location or map for the game? I'm still a novice game developer with a desire to make my own indie game based on adventures in ancient Greece. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about level design since I've never worked with 3D editors. But I have already managed to get familiar with static and dynamic design concepts. As I understand it, the main advantage of any static location is the detail and quality of texture processing. True, static maps weigh many times more than dynamic ones, are more challenging to develop, and require extended deadlines. So I'm not sure which is better to choose?

To create such a map, you need to fully know Photoshop, have a designer's taste, and draw perfectly. Why don't you do this project yourself? After all, with the help of software that provides developers with all the conditions for creating an excellent three-dimensional project. Such a program is equipped with various ready-made models, images, scripts, and textures for every taste. The compilation has a high speed, and the editor, despite its versatility, is very easy to use. Recently in the manual yesgamers.com, I found out that even the creators of the legendary Diablo 2 used such programs.