Thread: How do I create a modern battlemap?

Question How do I create a modern battlemap?

I have wanted to do a modern or more modern style campaign. The sessions would be run online and I want to create some battle maps/overworld maps. I attempted to find software that may lend some assistance to this as I am not the most skilled at Photoshop or other such editing software, though I am willing to learn if I could find tutorials on such. My current program of choice is Dungeon Painter Studio but I have not found any mod that supports a more modern build. My overall question is if anyone has assets for Dungeon painter studio to do modern maps or another program that can do modern maps or tutorials on using photoshop to create modern maps. My go-to strategy has been to create "blueprint" style maps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	courtroom.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	383.7 KB 
ID:	128614
    Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't mind something that I could use to make simple maps for Traveller or Call of Cthulhu or something post-apocalypse. I know Campaign Cartographer from Profantasy can do Traveller, but I'm not a big fan of the learning curve or the price. Maybe someone can suggest something else.

Affinity Designer, or if you want free, Inkscape, and just do your own vector art for this kind of style... if you want to automate a blueprint look to an existing photo, use FilterForge.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

So i dont hate the blueprint style but i want to make maps that look more like those created in peograms like dungeon paint studio. I looked last night aftet posting and the only thing out there seems to be home design programe. More so in this style
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	598f8e85ef658124d4edde9c16408d39.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	709.8 KB 
ID:	128634

Our Community Leader @Bogie makes a lot of maps in this style. Check out his profile. I think he made most of his maps in Dundjinni (plus some Photoshop), but as far as I'm aware, Dundjinni is no longer developed. I believe there's a replacement called MapForge that does much of the same thing, and one of the developers @heruca posts here occasionally. Might be worth taking a look at that program.

I don't know too much about this style of mapping though, so I hope someone else will come along to help you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks for the mention, ChickPea.

Franklinluther, here's a link to the Modern Day content that MapForge offers (currently, there are 34 content Add-Ons that support the genre, many of which are free downloads).

Of particular interest might be the "Modern Cities Mapmaker" series, which is offered in both individual sets or in a bundle.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.