Thread: Galgar Lake barony

Map Galgar Lake barony

Hello to all,

today i managed to finish commission for my friend. He wanted from me map of barony for his DnD game which i am part of as a player. I worked from his sketch and after a ton of makeovers and revisions i added details as compas rose and name of barony. I must admit that i am not fan of the farmlands and number of texts on the map, but one must do as client want I think i did a good job, I am very interested on your opinions.

Please dont sugercoat me

Its just me or is commissioning for your friends the worst? I mean that if i put aside the fact that its basically for free, the amount of revisions and ideas... I know that i should probably put down some rules first but i tried to push some rules like amount of revisions and trying to make it final revision, etc., but at the end i still did what he asked. I am curious if somebody have the same experienced. Please let me know.

But important is that at the end, everyone is satisfied

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galgar_lake_barony_flat.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	4.93 MB 
ID:	128642
    Last edited by Andarr; 02-28-2021 at 02:38 PM.

I think overall, the map looks beautiful. Very well done!

To be honest, I think the farmlands look like crosshatching shading. Farmlands are quite hard to represent without colour though. Two curved lines to represent a field, intersecting other fields unevenly can work well. I'll need to find an example to show what I mean.

Also, your DM will be putting in a lot of hours to worldbuild and prep for your sessions, so I think it's reasonable to put up with more than the normal amount of revisions :-)

Great work here.

Nice map! It's always cool when a campaign world begins to be filled in visually.