Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northern Frontier of Syvlania [WFRP homebrew map]

This is beyond amazing. May I ask what do you do for a living and how many hours do you spend on such a map?

Guild Journeyer Impractical Cartographer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaald View Post
    This is beyond amazing. May I ask what do you do for a living and how many hours do you spend on such a map?
    The last three years I have been a family caregiver. I am currently considering what to do next. I've set up a Patreon recently.
    I spent about 300 hours on this map, including not only drawing, but also developing the concept for this part of the fantasy world.

Another question : this feather ink is there just for the picture or is it actually a good inking feather? I've seen this very model in a shop and I was wondering if it's really a good investment

Quote Originally Posted by Skaald View Post
    Another question : this feather ink is there just for the picture or is it actually a good inking feather? I've seen this very model in a shop and I was wondering if it's really a good investment
    This feather pen is only for decoration. I got it as a gift once and it is only good for scenery. The nib is crappy, it feels bad to hold this pen in your hands. It's cheap Chinese plastic.

Another occasion to applause, IC. Your work is probably the most authentic, the closest to ancient map makers, in the whole Guild. I can't wait to see this one scanned, and can't wait to see your next project.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impractical Cartographer View Post
    But I could draw it better. I will improve on my next project.
    That will definitely be difficult to do. The sheer size and detail of these maps is astonishing... Another glorious map.

More trees are needed though

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    More trees are needed though
    It's not about trees. I need to work on scale accuracy and the way the relief is presented.

You sir have inspired me to take up a pen and paper to draw some fantasy maps! Thank you for such wonderful work on some of my favorite subject matter (Sylvania).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123