Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guild Characters - 15 year Anniversary Project - Introduction

I'd love to join in

Quote Originally Posted by Cédric H. View Post
    oooh this such a cool idea! I'm definitely in!
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Should we do this as a WIP like the challenges, or just post when it is all finished? Or whatever we feel like doing?
    Just start a thread in this folder (the Guild Characters folder) for WIPs. I'm thinking, once we've got a few finished maps, I'll make a sticky thread with a list of all the maps and links to the final images.

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    I'd love to join in
    You'd be very welcome!
    Last edited by ChickPea; 04-25-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Oh in my DM times beside building my world i loved to create backstories for my npcs that the players would eventually totaly miss or ignore I am definitely in, but just have to find a way how to combine it with a map
    Great idea ChickPea...

I will probably wait for some characters to already appear to merge the ways or to do some links and hints... OR maybe if somebody allready have an idea and want to do some colab, hit me in the message and if i will be interested we can do something together.

Maybe some relatives lost on the sea which both have different map of the final destination and therefor are lost? Who knows?!

Quote Originally Posted by Andarr View Post
    Oh in my DM times beside building my world i loved to create backstories for my npcs that the players would eventually totaly miss or ignore
    That was definitely the best and worst part of DMing for me. I had great difficult getting my players to care about the npcs in the world.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I think I already have a good character idea but will look around at the past world building challengesa bit more to see where I can ground my character in the world.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

An occasion to expand the background of Arlys and the Lady, maybe to explore deeper the Gholney Roads... oh... no delay, no schedule, but I'm obviously in !

Quote Originally Posted by Andarr View Post
    Oh in my DM times beside building my world i loved to create backstories for my npcs that the players would eventually totaly miss or ignore I am definitely in, but just have to find a way how to combine it with a map
    Great idea ChickPea...

I will probably wait for some characters to already appear to merge the ways or to do some links and hints... OR maybe if somebody allready have an idea and want to do some colab, hit me in the message and if i will be interested we can do something together.

Maybe some relatives lost on the sea which both have different map of the final destination and therefor are lost? Who knows?!
    I hope you'll join the fun, Andarr. Your characters obviously need to be connected to a map in some way, but it doesn't have to be somewhere specific in Guild World. And if you want to take a character you've already created and re-use them, that would work fine. Why stop at one...!

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    That was definitely the best and worst part of DMing for me. I had great difficult getting my players to care about the npcs in the world.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I think I already have a good character idea but will look around at the past world building challengesa bit more to see where I can ground my character in the world.
    Obviously a lot depends on how you develop the character, but you can be as vague as you like about where your map is within Guild World if you can't find somewhere that suits.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    An occasion to expand the background of Arlys and the Lady, maybe to explore deeper the Gholney Roads... oh... no delay, no schedule, but I'm obviously in !
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you do. Plenty of time for this project, so just start whenever you can.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I was having trouble trying to find a land that fit with the character I would like to make/map so I decided to read through all of the older mapping threads. About 1/4 of the way through I thought that others might have similar problems so I decided to create a document that has a brief summary of each land history and a link to the finished map of the region. It might help those who need to find a location for their characters!

If anyone would like me to change any of the descriptions, please let me know. I was rather braindead by the 50th land and I was skimming over posts quite a bit so I may have missed some important points (also if I mislabeled any as a WIP when they are not let me know as well. I will do a more proper grammar/spellcheck later but I wanted to see if anyone wanted to write their own summary of their lands before I went back and spent too much time prettying it up!).

guildworld summaries.txt

I have attached it as a .txt file because both pdf and doc failed to upload. It turns out nearly correct if copy pasted from the .txt into a word document though. If there are any recommendations for how I could get a pdf to work that would be amazing!

Edit: Just figure out how to include the pdf! It is in a zipped file here:
    The Guildworld Briefing.zip
    Last edited by Arimel; 07-28-2021 at 05:36 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hmm... thinking about doing either a full-on city map (because I'm stupid like that), or a a location map of the Poisonmaster Cult from my regional map. Will have a think on it.

Happy Birthday Guild!

You could for instance make a character and give map him a special room in the guild dungeon? Or go crazy and do what Diamond is thinking about? This is a really good idea, well done to whoever thought it up.

Also well done Arimel, that's an enormous task.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Thanks Falconius! I needed to do it anyways to figure out which country I wanted so I thought I would make it easier for everyone else at the same time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast