Thread: The Legend of Till Hammerstrike and Axe Gorge City

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Legend of Till Hammerstrike and Axe Gorge City

The hearths of the inn blazed its golden heat to the crowd that had gathered this cold night. Everyone in town had heard that Halfdan the Skjald was visiting and wouldn't miss his stories from afar. As the night fell outside people chatted and enjoyed a hearty meal while waiting impatiently for him to finish his. The strong mountain winds battered the sturdy walls of the building, somehow adding to the warmth of the interior. Then the music stopped as Halfdan pushed his empty plate away from himself on the table and took his mead to a chair by the fire. Everyone followed his movements and as he sat down and sipped from his mug they started towards him. Chairs scrabing across the floor as people settled in.

Halfdan lowered his mug and looked to the crowd, he could see the anticipation in their eyes and a smile found his lips as he started talking.
    "Gather round and listen cause all men and women of Gungnerhafn shall know how our greatest city was born. This... is the story of Axe Gorge City and how Till Hammerstrike fell a god."

A hush went through the crowd as he started to tell his tale...
    Last edited by tilt; 04-29-2021 at 02:44 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Oh awesome!! What a great starting point.

Looking forward to hearing Till's tale.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Sounds interesting so far. I can't wait to see how this is made into a map!

Blog Entries

@ChickPea - thanks.. and I promise more tale in addition to mapping
    @Arimel - thank you - neither can I LOL

Dont' really have the time, but here is a quick little look at the basic thought of the city.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axe Gorge City 01.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	129484

Attachment 129483
    Last edited by tilt; 04-28-2021 at 05:02 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

"This was the early days of the great nation of Gungnerhafn, were Gods roamed the lands and our strong men and women took to longships to raid along foreign coasts. Till had just returned from a bountiful trip to the south, his longships filled with richs fabrics and golden coins. As his men carried the treasure to the chieftains longhouse, he himself walked among the people of his village, shaking hands and recieving congratulations on a raid well done. He used this time to catch up on what had passed in the month he and his raiding crew had been away, being the great leader as his name suggested.

When evening came about a feast for the whole village was held in the chieftains house, boar and deer roasting on spits above the firepits, mead flowing freely. Song and merriment as the treasures were divided amongs the men of the raid, enriching every familiy in the village."

Halfdan paused in his telling to drink from his mug, looking at the gleaming eyes of his audience. Some knew the tale, some heard it for the first time. But he knew that his retellling was always popular.

Attachment 129500
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axe Gorge City 02.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	129501
    regs tilt

This is shaping up nicely - both the map and the story!

I do like that gorge right in the middle of the city... you just know there's got to be a great story connected to it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Heh. The mention of that gorge gave me a brief flashback to the 300/Meet the Spartans movies and someone getting chest-kicked into a pit/well.

Anyways, good start on this, curious how you'll detail things and waiting for a bit more about Till.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

A city?? Man, you're brave .
    Really like the idea and the story so far .