Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apr/May '21 Lite Challenge: A Land Divided

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Here we are with the final drawing draft. I would like to go in and add labels/names to places next and to digitally change the color of the borders on the circles on the right. It looked much better in my head than in reality. What programs would you guys recommend for adding labels to a map? I have never done this digital step before so something relatively simple would be best - if such a program exists!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draft 2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	409.0 KB 
ID:	129655

Looks great colored! I really like how you depicted the swampy / fens areas.
    Now that you have a good digital copy of the map you can open it in one of many graphic programs to add the lettering.
    GIMP, Photoshop, Paint etc.

Hi Arimel I really like the final version. For lettering I use Gimp, but to do rounded text, I use Inkscape and then copy it in Gimp.

Good Job Arimel, as Bogie with Simkin said, try GIMP its more user friendly for begginers than photoshop. I am curious for the finished piece.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

So this week went crazy busy so my time went out the window. Thank you for the advice on programs to use. I would like to experiment in inkscape some day but just plain gimp will do for now (photoshop is slightly beyond me at the moment!). This should be it now!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map this Shape.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	638.7 KB 
ID:	129784

The font (franklin gothic book) definitely looked better unbolded in a large size but it will do for now - I don't have too much time to experiment.
    Last edited by Arimel; 05-14-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12