Thread: Apr/May '21 Lite Challenge: Foolland

Default Apr/May '21 Lite Challenge: Foolland

As is tradition, I did something with a blob challenge. As is tradition, I did something of questionable value. The font is truly questionable.

When the explorers find a Very Silly Place, it seems only fitting to send the undesirables there. So it was when George Foole and his crew discovered a new land. Upon his report to the Prince, Homeland Security immediately began shipping out the physically and mentally unfit to this new hellhole. The new land was harsh, but provided enough resources to allow the all-volunteer colonists to survive. Thankfully, the natives left behind some useful infrastructure following the arrival of the first shipment of folks from the plague-houses. The truly unworthy Misshapen are shipped to the nether reaches of unpleasantly wild greenery, while the still-workable arrive in the northern capital.
    The annual "Running of the Booze", a contest involving shipping casks of liquor from one port to another across the full reaches place, is watched with great interest in the Homeland. Few of our young people have ever seen one of the Misshapen, much less a whole troop of them. The betting on individual teams of Misshapen is always a good way to pass the time, and viewing the harnessing of the teams before their drivers set out is treated as a sort of holiday.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foolland.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	129450
    Last edited by waldronate; 04-26-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Best world-building I've read in ages!
    Nice map too!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe... nice story W
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Challenge W! As usual you do not disappoint!! Thanks for sharing your vision!

And Don't forget the WIP hashtag!
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-26-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Fine. I'll make it an official entry.

LOL but imagine the shame of winning with this.

Amazing. It's such a questionable map. I have many questions. Like did you just randomly pick that font or did you intentionally select the ugliest font you had available? What drove you to make the smily mountain? That, to me, is the funniest part of this map. Bwhaha. It looks like such a high quality map... that all falls apart as soon as you really look at it. Brilliant. Well, maybe it doesn't. High quality. Heehee. I do like it, I really do.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

The ranking on this map in the final voting will be either last or next-to-last, so no danger of winning. The blob called out as a misshapen head, so it was a short step from there to an actual head, labeled with the most misshapen font that I had (and with no contrast enhancement on the font to make it that little extra bit hard to read). Then I sprinkled it with head-flavored place names, stapled some flavor text to it, and pushed it out the door.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really neat map... You had me laughing by Earie Bay...

I believe that responses to this map are likely best summed up in the words of the great George Foole himself: "You'll either like it or you won't."

Excellent (and very funny) work!