Thread: Dragons Heist - The Kolat tower first floor with Black and White techno...

Question Dragons Heist - The Kolat tower first floor with Black and White techno...

Hello everybody,

I am new on this forum! I wanted to share a desire to create some building map for the D&D 5e Dragons Heist adventure with Inkscape (a vector drawing tool).

Here is my first try. I would like to know if you think it is a good idea to have those kind of Black and White map (as they are in the book but with less details).?

(The picture is a 72 dpi version and of course I have 300 dpi version very easily...!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToursDeKolatRdcB&WFinal72px.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	129474

Very nice and clean. The little map looks good. With a lot of people playing online via VTT's these days, I think this style is more suited to print. People want a bit of colour and visual interets, also it saves the GM a bit of descriptive work...
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

imo, it is a good idea to create any map you are inspired to create. You put alot of work into it, and it is very nice. It would be very convienient for a GM to put this map down instead of the default one, so the GM doesn't have to do as much reading. "Here is the room, and you can see how it is furinshed."

Whether you intend for it to be used in a VTT or adopted by the D&D community at large is another question. There is unforunately, not a ton of demand for the B&W versions, unless you are showing a concept and not necessarily a battle map (which you are). That said, there are DMs stuck using a blank piece of paper for their battle maps, and something like this is a godsend, so keep up the good work! Besides, the more maps to draw from the more the community inspiration goes up. And quality like this only adds to that.