Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tale of the Greywalker

Great story! It makes me think of those faërie taverns appearing here and there by moonlight.
    And that kind of tavern sign is a trap for adventurers by itself .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great story! It makes me think of those faërie taverns appearing here and there by moonlight.
    And that kind of tavern sign is a trap for adventurers by itself .
    Yes, very similar to those taverns, and the idea for the sign has been bouncing around in my head for several years now. Actually have several short story ideas started that would be told from this inn.

Anyways, an image update (not quite ready for the next installment of the story just yet). More play with the shadows. Thanks to Mr. B's suggestion, feel like I am a bit closer to having them right, but still not liking the corner post shadows. Given how old my software is, not sure how much I will be able to tweak them, but have a couple ideas I might try to see if I can get them a little more right. Also laid out the exterior walls with a few of the interior load bearing walls, and dropped in the interior floor texture just to see how it compared. Oh, and dropped in the main doors, but not sure if I am quite happy with their visibility just yet. Gonna go on a quest to create some porch/patio furniture, and hopefully not drive myself too crazy in the process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full WIP 001.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	847.6 KB 
ID:	129661

Edit: In looking at it a bit closer, think I might change the coloring for the interior floor to give it a less orange/brown look. Maybe something more like a white oak or pine coloring. Thoughts or suggestions?

Edit 2: Here is a version with the lighter interior floor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full WIP 001b.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	934.0 KB 
ID:	129662
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 05-08-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I like the lighter one more. The orange stands out a bit much for my taste. The shadows are looking good to me. Question though about the shadow angle. If the shadows are going to be pointing down in the image (to the bottom of the image) will the porch be completely over-shadowed by the rest of the inn's walls later?
    It is looking good so far though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12