Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Eleron

Map Lands of Eleron

Hi folks,

Today, I'm back with a map I drew in January for the upcoming RPG Visions of Zumea.

It was my first full color map in a long time and it was fun to go back to more vivid landscapes. It was also really fun to work on matching border and compass (I've been working on my gold renderings lately ... still needs work but I feel it's coming to me more easily). And I finally drew an almost satisfactory glacier so, I'm happy like a pigeon with a French fry

Here it is, I hope you enjoy it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final post.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	129459
    © Thomas REY - 2021 - All rights reserved

Don't hesitate to comment or critic, I take it all !

Cheers !

Thomas

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a great looking map, lots going on there. Lovely colors and I like the compass - goes well with your frame as you say.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I just love this combination of colours... and the land shape is also interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    And I finally drew an almost satisfactory glacier so, I'm happy like a pigeon with a French fry
    That is happy indeed! As Ilanthar said, great colour scheme. I like how you're playing with breaking out of the border.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The glacier came out really well. I also like the Great River's canyon. Neat!

It is vivid for sure! I like how you were able to differentiate deciduous and conifer forests with a simple color change. There's a lot to see here; it's a great example of how to pack a lot of details into a continent-scale map.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Toujours aussi beau, Thomas! J'adore le pattern dans la rose-des-vents et le cadre, on dirait des dunes (je me trompe?).
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Beautiful map! I love how the landmass is overlapping the border. The border itself and the matching compass are also very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    What a great looking map, lots going on there. Lovely colors and I like the compass - goes well with your frame as you say.
    Thanks a lot tilt

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I just love this combination of colours... and the land shape is also interesting.
    Merci Julien For the colors, it was nice to change from the sepia and the land was the client's design and I stayed as close as I could. Here's the (truncated) rough he sent for comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	129514

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    That is happy indeed! As Ilanthar said, great colour scheme. I like how you're playing with breaking out of the border.
    Thanks TimetoDraw Having the border that goes over the land and under the ocean is also a nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    The glacier came out really well. I also like the Great River's canyon. Neat!
    Thanks Arimel

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    It is vivid for sure! I like how you were able to differentiate deciduous and conifer forests with a simple color change. There's a lot to see here; it's a great example of how to pack a lot of details into a continent-scale map.
    Thanks Joseph ! Yeah, the forest trick is a lazy one but it works It is packed indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Toujours aussi beau, Thomas! J'adore le pattern dans la rose-des-vents et le cadre, on dirait des dunes (je me trompe?).
    Merci Janie C'est en fait un motif partagé par DysonLogo sur Twitter que j'ai utilisé en effet biseauté en incrustation. It's a pattern shared by DysonLogo on Twitter that I used as a beveled overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Beautiful map! I love how the landmass is overlapping the border. The border itself and the matching compass are also very nice.
    Thanks a lot Neyasha

Glad to finally see more of your maps around here, Thomas !

This is good and consistent work, as usual.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast