Thread: Map of Gauttland

Wip Map of Gauttland

This is my current WIP for a map of Gauttland, a mid-tier kingdom in a larger setting I have been using for ttrpgs. This map is going to be the gameplay surface for a project I am working on; a game that is a bit of a mix of rpg and board game. I 'm hoping to try it out for my time my friends and I play an rpg. I'm calling it the Proxy system, basically it is a game where a Dungeon Master type guy narrates and plays out a civil war (in Gauttland). The players in the DMs group play as the nearby nations and kingdoms that are clandestinely influencing the war for their own ends.

Back to the map, I am having some issue try to figure out the formatting for the "tracking area" in the upper right where the factions of the civil war track their resources. I'm playing around with it but haven't found a layout that I like the aesthetic of yet. I also am at a loss on what to do with the border. I want to lay in some designs to give it more "pop" but again have yet to come up with anything good. I also need to make a legend for all the map icons, but am saving that for last so I know where it fits best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProxyWIP.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	129602  
    Last edited by Broadhead; 05-04-2021 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Picture was not uploaded right