Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Anthar Lin came to business

Default How Anthar Lin came to business

"Here you are, living in the ward, drinking your tankard at the Legis Imbibereum and talking about the last notable events of the Ward like you know everything about it. I'm telling you, you're unaware of many things. There are many peoples here you cross, talk and do business with, without grasping a limp of truth about who they truly are. Let me begin with one of your supplier, this Anthar Lin. You just assume that he bought his warehouse and shop, then started his business. It was way more dubious than this, believe me..."

To be continued. Hope my english is not too bad... It's more a placeholder than anything else for what's to come .
    And since I decided to go for the vanity of talking about the character John made for me, this is a portrait, based on me (though without glasses and certainly more muscular ).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anthar Lin.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	456.9 KB 
ID:	129615

What?! You wear glasses and aren't a hulking brute of a man? You just blew up my whole mental image of you.

Glad to see another person jumping in on this. Have a feeling this whole thing is gonna turn out to be epic both in terms of maps and stories.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Cool intro! Very nice portrait!

Aaaah, another popcorn area for just sitting and admiring what's coming !
    ^^

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great so far and the English is fine - no glaring mistakes. The portrait looks amazing. With this new character section there will definitely be a popcorn shortage!

Hehe, my first thought was that you meant the portrait of you was the salamander
    Yes, the salamander telepathically control this big guy and runs the show from the shadows, maybe.
    I'm looking forward to the story. The intro was well done, Ilanthar.

Wow! Thanks everyone, I wasn't expecting that level of enthusiasm... Hum, even if I have a general idea of the story I wanna tell, I will probably go slow on this (I've many other things to work on atm).

By Greason Wolfe
    What?! You wear glasses and aren't a hulking brute of a man? You just blew up my whole mental image of you.
    Sorry to disturb your mental image... Must confess that I've also more white in my beard too .

@Arimel : glad I did not messed up with the english, then. I'm gonna try to keep it at level.

@J.Edward : héhé, be sure I planned to mention a thing or two about the salamander. I do hope you'll like the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Sorry to disturb your mental image... Must confess that I've also more white in my beard too
    Ah, yes, I know that feeling. Although I do still have a bit of pepper in mine. Just a bit, mind you.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Next, we'll find out that Greason isn't even a real wolf!

hehe, so many mysteries about the guild members .

A bit more of the story :

After a short silence and a long sip of wine.
    "But if I want to be complete, I'd better begin by speaking of the young Salim. Salim was a clerk working for Elemerid & Sons, a little company that made a specialty of providing exotic goods to excentric clients.
    He was good with numbers yet dotted with the soul and aspirations of an artist, always curious of what strange products stored in the warehouse. Dreaming of adventure, it is no surprise that he became a friend and before all an audience for Anthar Lin, who was precisely one of those many adventurers - with questionable ethics - roaming the taverns and boasting of their successes.
    I must add that Anthar was already good with the words, making almost believable his stories, despite a great fondness for exageration. As far as I know, they regularly met at the Playful Tiger, where Anthar Lin was often spending whatever money he may has left in his pocket. If you wonder, He did not have this weird beasty of his at this period, he would not have been tolerated at the game table... you know the tendancy of the thing to walk on tables and papers."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salim.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	129706

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast