Thread: UV ink

Guild Journeyer Impractical Cartographer's Avatar

Default UV ink

I'm thinking about using ink that is visible under ultraviolet light on maps.
    You can see the effect in the video.

However, I am not satisfied. The ink is very difficult to calligraph with, it often spills and stains.
    My experiments are ongoing and I'll let you know when I match the paper to the ink.

Have any of you tried something like this? Can you recommend me a particular type of ink?

'love the idea ! In this specific case, this bad ink also adds something very natural and immersive with its stains, as if used with clumsy hands...
    I personally use the Noodlers Ink Blue Ghost invisible ink and had good results with it for drawing (can't say for calligraphy). I use it both with quill and in fountain pens, with no major trouble.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cool idea. Personally I've only use a big marker with it for a murder mystery at my old job. Love the thought of using it for a map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer Impractical Cartographer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    'love the idea ! In this specific case, this bad ink also adds something very natural and immersive with its stains, as if used with clumsy hands...
    I personally use the Noodlers Ink Blue Ghost invisible ink and had good results with it for drawing (can't say for calligraphy). I use it both with quill and in fountain pens, with no major trouble.
    Thank you for the hint. I am just ordering 19190 Blue Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Impractical Cartographer View Post
    Thank you for the hint. I am just ordering 19190 Blue Ghost
    Glad if I helped ! I do hope it will work well for you and am eager to have your thoughts