Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Continent of Ictaria - topographic map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Default The Continent of Ictaria - topographic map

Hey all! This map is the topography version of my previous Finished submission, this time without the wacky country colours but with a bunch of different gradient maps overlayed on the DEM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0. topographical map (4b).jpg 
Views:	1085 
Size:	8.08 MB 
ID:	129643
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 05-08-2021 at 01:11 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Can't rep but this is my favourite map of the ones you have done of this area so far.

A very interesting one once again, Caenwyr ! The colors are especially well chosen here and the relief looks just perfect.
    Top ! ^^

Absolutely amazing! It looks very professional and I love the shape of the continent.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Thanks all! So happy you seem to like it!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

The map is really tremendous. Excellent work on the DEM. It's a small thing but I have to say I really, really like the slight hatching around the borders. Comes off much cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing than a simple shadow or just leaving them plain. We love seeing it.

Both this and the political styled map are very impressive. I note in your other thread you also mention developing languages and cultures--of which I'm believer of doing in my own fantasy/sci-fi/historical work--which lends authenticity and plausibility, like a solid map, to the story and world it represents. Great job, magnificent work!

K2

I always enjoy seeing this map evolve over the years. This is very different than the previous versions I've seen, and I like it a lot. Nice colours! Really cool reliefs and texturing too.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Great texture indeed! I get Barsoom vibes but also atlas vibes so I really can't say I don't like it!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As I told you about the political map, it's a really beautiful map... these mountains are absolutely incredible. I really liked the political version, but I still prefer the geographical version: for me, it's even more immersive: the natural elements are more explicit and landscapes appear before our eyes. A desire to immerse oneself in it and to undertake huge journeys. It's really a great success. Nothing to say, then... except an idea or a suggestion (if I dare?): if your story is centred on this maritime republic, why not try a more "marine" version of this same map? with the trade routes through the Silver Sea, for example... or the main ports... Anyway : Bravo and thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast