Thread: Hello :)

Post Hello :)

Hi!

New fantasy map lover here. I got into mapping through D&D. Started DMing about a year ago (after 5 years of watching/listening to Critical Role and then finally accumulating some friends who wanted to play). My campaign is set in the published setting of Wildemount, so no original maps required, necessarily. However, I naively introduced an NPC with a background in cartography and of course my group wanted to buy some maps from him. I thought giving them something hand-drawn would be cooler than a copy of the map from the book, so I tried learning to draw maps and immediately loved it! :)

I started out with the fantastic YouTube tutorials by WASD20 and also learned a lot over the last few months from the wonderful mapping community on Instagram, where I've started sharing my attempts. Still trying to find my style, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the amazing map work on here and getting some feedback on my own!

Hey and welcome to the Guild! It’s nice to see you join us here . Love hearing the different ways people have gotten bitten by the mapping bug . Love how you’ve gotten into it.

- Josh

Thank you for the kind welcome, Josh!