Dear Cartographers,

I am currently working on an idea for a card game that is set in a medieval fantasy world and will take place in the red-light district of a rough city. The aim of the game is to be the first to get a certain number of councilors on your side in order to win. To do this, you have to choose one of six different factions and successfully play your cards. The card setup is a bit similar to Pokémon or other trading card games.

To create a better immersion into the world I would like to have a playmat, which shows a small part of the city from top-view and provides suiting places to put the cards. This will be most closely to a battle map style, why I already prepared a rough layout with Dungeon Painter. The main houses should fit the size of the cards and represent the houses the characters work in. Also, the discard position could be a small graveyard, an inner-city wasteland, a burnt-down house, or something similar. The library (or deck) could be represented by a slightly bigger warehouse / Kontor.
I think you get the idea!
Since players sit on two sides, both have the same functions, but it would be nice if both parts don't look exactly the same.

A special challenge is that the right side should be mirrorable so that a second playmat of the same type could be attached 180° to play with 4 players and doesn't look stupid.

I attached a picture of a style I love since it shows nice little details of a roughed-up city and a scale that will probably fit. Also the layout with a rough sketch of the idea.

I'm looking forward to answers from artists who are up for this challenge. ;-) Please indicate a potential timeline and prices for this gig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Playmat card game.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	6.74 MB 
ID:	129767

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample style.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	129768

Best regards

Christoph