Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 2021 Challenge: The Eshan Gate

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well I've got to say, even if that's all you have time to get done, it already looks fantastic.

I hope you'll find the time to finish it, it's already spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Well I've got to say, even if that's all you have time to get done, it already looks fantastic.
    Thanks so much, Diamond ! Hopefully I can push it further !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I hope you'll find the time to finish it, it's already spectacular.
    If it's not for the challenge, it will be a bit later, promis ! ^^

New update, with not as much as I wish, but with the ornamental border done, some details here and there on the color and shading.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EshanGate_Preview05_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	604.0 KB 
ID:	130297

And now... it's time to destroy the map.
    Hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    And now... it's time to destroy the map.
    Hehehe...
    The level of mischief is compelling, to be sure. I love the little gathering on the bottom, you have such a way with timeless illustration. *bows as if not worthy*

IR

PS Oh and Misty B. of Ligonier is compelled to know of MistyBeee of France, she is a lovely bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    The level of mischief is compelling, to be sure. I love the little gathering on the bottom, you have such a way with timeless illustration. *bows as if not worthy*
    IR
    PS Oh and Misty B. of Ligonier is compelled to know of MistyBeee of France, she is a lovely bird.
    Hehe, so... now... old, worn, forgotten for ages... hope you'll enjoy this unique view of the Eshan Gate

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EshanGate_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	884.0 KB 
ID:	130330

As often for challenges, the result here is not exactly what I planned. I think I had in mind something colorful, but I let the map decide. I experimented here new techniques, new ideas, new styles as well... and there's a lot of hidden details you can see only if you're a real thardian. No doubt you are

Mischief managed !

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Oh wow, that looks gorgeous! And like an incredible amount of work that manages to pay off. Just wow! Great work! =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

This is looking amazing. The folded and aged paper look really works well with the piece.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Oh wow, that looks gorgeous! And like an incredible amount of work that manages to pay off. Just wow! Great work! =)
    I must say I'm a bit shocked to see how many hours I spent on this one... but uh, I'm happy with the result, so yep, I guess it worth it ^^'
    Thanks for the kind words !

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is looking amazing. The folded and aged paper look really works well with the piece.
    Thanks Wminish ! As it's a part of my own worldbuilding, I wanted an immersive piece. The most recent king, who ended centuries of civil war in Thard reopened the libraries and archives to scholars, so a lot of old manuscripts and maps are rediscovered those last years, including this one

Absolutely stunning! Your work is ever a delight to behold MB.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12