Thread: New found story of Marcus Dane

Default New found story of Marcus Dane

Hello Guild!

It has been some time since my last post but it's a really crazy time for me right now and I am trying my best to juggle my work, finishing promised tasks and family. Spare time is basically none, but I found a few minutes here and there to put together some of my thoughts and finally put myself to this challenge. I have a concrete vision of how I would do the story itself and link it to a map, but I still don't know the place.

Since I don't know much about Cartographers world, I would really appreciate it if somebody (maybe some author of some guildworld region?) could contact me and help me find the place and time for this story. Thanks in advance.

I am starting with two characters at once. One of mine characters for cartographer guild is based on one of my favorite character which I created for DnD games that I played (Not the librarian - this one is new). I like him the most from all of my character creations and that is the reason why i want to explore him little bit more. As i said he is from DnD settings so maybe some characteristics of dnd ruleset will be applied. I have no idea if it's OK with the cartographers world so if you spot something that is out of its place, please share your thoughts.

Darrio Ander

My name is Darrio Ander, I am the chief librarian of XY . Few years back in my travels I came upon old remnants of some sort of diary. It was a bunch of papers in a case where a lot of pages were missing. Pages depicts some events of a royal ranger named Marcus Dane and his deeds. In the official records Marcus is noted as a renegade ranger with extreme skills and a really bad reputation amongst people. His score of completed tasks in the name of the kingdom is really impressive but due to his methots he is often labeled as witch hunter or bloody murderer. His fate is not known to us, his official status is lost in duty, but his body was never found. Marcus Dane is not widely known mainly because of the nature of his missions which were mostly secret, and because of his bad reputation. My personal note is that people only see the the murder of the bussines man, but the truht about how he wanted to sell the kingdoms defences to enemies, and that he was killed by Marcus in self defence, nobody care about… But that is sometimes the way of history. People who should not be forgotten are forgotten and those who should be forgotten are remembered and celebrated.

Anyway, the reason why I am writing this letter is that recently I found some pages which fit the diary mentioned above. This new find tells the story of Marcus searching for the scourge of YY who is known in our history books as being served justice in year XXX.

Page 12

... and that is the reason why I was not welcome in the city anymore… I thought to myself that it's just another closed gate for me.

To be continued...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This is looking really good so far! Marcus sounds like a really interesting character.

I had the same problem in trying to identify a region to locate my map so I went and made a summary document of all the different region sections that I posted in the main thread. It is a text file (I tried and could not import a word or pdf) so the formatting is a bit wonky but if copy-pasted into word it is rather legible and may help.

I will eventually pick a place by the shape of land that it would suit me, but problem is with time and rulership... Maybe i will have to figure something out

Could put him in a section of the Guild City. There are a few big libraries there (and empty plots if you want to take one on). Otherwise I suggest looking through Arimel's text document summary for a country that piques your interest and then take a deeper look to see if it's a fit. There are quite a few countries that are organized enough to fit your story.
    Last edited by Falconius; 07-25-2021 at 04:39 PM.