Thread: June 2021 Challenge: Four Gates

Default June 2021 Challenge: Four Gates

I've just started using the Down Darker Trails supplement for Call of Cthulhu, taking the action into the American Wild West. Gateways to other worlds would fit right in, so I'm going to make four battlemaps and stitch them together for my final map, though they'd be used separately. Each will have an entry point and an exit point, as the gateways are one-way and one must complete the circuit to return home. I haven't started with the map for Earth, but rather an alien desert, where the travelers will appear between the red crystals and must pass between the blue crystals to move on. They might be tempted, however, to interact with the locale, where there are several tents, a group of plants, and a large and strange skull. Each of these could be the source of unthinkable horrors or untold wonders.

The desert sand was downloaded from pexels.com and was contributed by Kaïzo Zed. The rest is put together from the elements provided by our own Kier and Bogie.

Scale is 100 pixels to 5' grid, or 20 pixels to the foot.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4 Gates 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	130259

This may be finished. It is the Earthly mine that will be first encountered. The gates here take a quite different form, but are again colored red for incoming and blue for outgoing. There is a small amount of gear left behind, as well as a large and very old book. Now, what would that be doing in a mine?...

The two remaining locations are going to be a bit more difficult. (This one relied largely on Bogie for elements.)

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	4 gates 4.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	130295

Lies and treachery, those aren't Bogie's, those are my magic circles, I'm sure of it, just with a new tint!

Thanks for sharing, good luck getting through all the battle stages in time.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Mostly Bogie. The magic circle portals are, indeed, Tiana's work recolored.

There's been no notice that the challenge is closing, but the month is nearly over, so I'm assuming that this is it. While the gates in each world appear different, the colors are consistent. Red gates are arrival, blue gates are departure, and the direction of transfer is clockwise over the four quarters.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	4 gates complete.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	130341