Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: June-Aug '21 Lite Challenge: Map of Pasarz and Myasha-Ahlwadi

Cool Border!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That looks really sharp! The border has come out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Cool Border!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    That looks really sharp! The border has come out really well.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Here is the near-finished entry. I have some tweaking to do in GIMP, but not much.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pasarz WIP 9.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	9.16 MB 
ID:	130707

Question: Is it an accepted practice to vote on your own as well as other contestants' maps?
    Last edited by The Elderly Cartographer; 07-30-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Wow! Lovely border and application of colour. I like the character of your map too.
    View my website and Instagram

This looks really, really great! Those colors really bring it to life.

And it depends on the person. Some people do, some don't. There are no real rules around it (that I am aware of). So, to answer the question, I believe that it is accepted practice (and your map -even uncompleted- looks well worth a vote!).

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    Wow! Lovely border and application of colour. I like the character of your map too.
    Thank you. It is an odd spectrum that I normally would select, but it looked really good on the Persian rug I based it upon. I'm glad it turned out.

This looks really, really great! Those colors really bring it to life.

And it depends on the person. Some people do, some don't. There are no real rules around it (that I am aware of). So, to answer the question, I believe that it is accepted practice (and your map -even uncompleted- looks well worth a vote!).
    Thanks! In past challenges, I haven't voted on mine because I thought it might be... poor sportsmanship? (Something like that). I wondered if I wasn't cutting my throat, because everyone else was voting on their own map as well as others'.
    Lol. Makes me think of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, when all the captains are voting for themselves, except for Jack Sparrow, who votes for Elizabeth Swann.

I know precisely what you mean there! I have seen this happen a couple of times since arriving here but I have followed both philosophies since arriving here so I definitely can't complain (and nor do I want to! The winning maps are always amazing no matter who it is).
    And that is a film that is STILL on my to watch list and has been for how long ??? I would assume the voting here must be more civilized than with pirates though .

Guild Apprentice

This is a beautiful handrawn and painted map, i like the color shading , the figures and the border. Wien i saw the edge of the map for the first time i thought of prince of persia 2 , a beautiful Game.

I know precisely what you mean there! I have seen this happen a couple of times since arriving here but I have followed both philosophies since arriving here so I definitely can't complain (and nor do I want to! The winning maps are always amazing no matter who it is).
    And that is a film that is STILL on my to watch list and has been for how long ??? I would assume the voting here must be more civilized than with pirates though .
    It has been along time since I have seen either Dead Man's Chest or At World's End, but Curse of the Black Pearl is the best (I haven't seen the latest two). As for voting... I don't know. It can get pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by -ML- View Post
    This is a beautiful handrawn and painted map, i like the color shading , the figures and the border. Wien i saw the edge of the map for the first time i thought of prince of persia 2 , a beautiful Game.
    Thank you very much! That is high praise to be compared to Prince of Persia. I have never played the games, but I love the movie.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast