Thread: looking for a map for DnD

Question looking for a map for DnD

This is my first post here- I'm not sure yet how this works at all so forgive me for misunderstanding the rules if I have.

I'm a first-time DM and I'd like to have some sort of map of the world I'm building. I've been looking around on this site, and there's some seriously beautiful stuff on here.
    However, the one thing I would like is to name the cities, woods, deserts, etc. myself, as I imagine most homebrew DM's would.

Is there a way for me to get/buy/commission one of the maps I saw contending for the Atlas Awards 2021, but without the text added to it?
    The ones I saved for reference were "Etria" by MistyBeee as well as "Lands of Conterre" and "Lands of Eternum" by Voolf; that's basically exactly what I'm looking for, but "blank", so without the names on it.
    I'd be willing to pay for it, of course. I think I've seen the work of MistyBeeee or Voolf with links to paid sites where you can order the map.
    Would it at all be possible to get one of those maps but add the names myself, or is that absolutely not done?

The map will obviously not be used for any other purpose than entertaining five guys roughly as geeky as I am. Also I'd have no problem to.. nay, I'd be proud to have the map carry the original author's name or signature.
    However, if this turns out to be a major no-no in cartography world, my sincere apologies. I seriously do love the maps you've created, so I'd love to play with them if possible!

Thanks in advance!

MistyBeee - Etria: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=47128
    Voolf - Lands of Conterra: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=46546
    Voolf - Lands of Aeturnum: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=48128

Hiya! Probably best to reach out to the artist in question directly. Conterra was a personal project for Voolf, as far as I know, while the other two were commissions. It largely depends on the contract the artists made with the clients of those commissions, if the artists can sell the map themselves or not, and up to their personal preference whether they want to even if they have the right to.

You can find Beee's and Voolf's websites via the links in their signatures on those threads. Never hurts to ask!

Many artists, myself included, would also be more than happy to create a custom map for you game!
    Last edited by Kellerica; 07-12-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I agree if you want one of them to do the map I would recommend reaching out to them specifically. I certainly would be willing to do a commission for you if you were interested. I can do something fairly similar to those and labels and the like are certainly doable as well.

You can see some of my past work here

You can message me off the website or directly to my email Ralarismaps@gmail.com

If you are interested we can discuss price and what specifically you want done and I can get you a quote for your specific project. Or if you just have questions feel free to reach out.

Are you still looking for map designers for this project?