Thread: A bunch of maps for a novel

Map A bunch of maps for a novel

Hi folks,

I know I've posted a map a few days ago but I had the surprise today to learn that the maps I designed for a novel got released today so, here I am again.

I was approached by author Thomas Riley to draw three maps for his novel We Break Immortals. He needed a double spread page color map of the world and two single page black and white regional maps.

While Thomas thought his world through and through, I managed to squeeze a couple of advices and suggestions for the maps to be an even bigger call for adventure. Being at the service of a world that was so defined was pretty humbling, especially since the maps I drew just before were maps I had almost complete freedom (I'll post them at a later date).

Fun thing, the maps were the focus of the article that came out today (it's a map reveal and, while I did not knew it was a thing, that's something I can appreciate) and I was pretty touched by Thomas words.

Without further ado, here are the maps, I hope you enjoy them, more will be coming in a few month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eriana final post.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	130598----Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NortheEast post.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	457.4 KB 
ID:	130599----Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The NorthWest post.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	417.1 KB 
ID:	130600
    © Thomas REY - 2021 - All rights reserved

As usual, feel free to comment and critic, I welcome both

Cheers !

Thomas

These maps look really great. I like the colour region map in particular.
    View my website and Instagram

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Wow that is a lot of labels! Really amazing details here. I wish I had saved my rep because these maps are really inspirational!

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    These maps look really great. I like the colour region map in particular.
    Thanks a lot KaiAeon

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Wow that is a lot of labels! Really amazing details here. I wish I had saved my rep because these maps are really inspirational!
    Yeah, the labels were a bit challenging on this one. Thanks Arimel

Looking great! I really like the warm colours of the general map, and it is pretty detailed already, considering there are local maps aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Looking great! I really like the warm colours of the general map, and it is pretty detailed already, considering there are local maps aside.
    Merci Julien, for hte color map, it was my first commercial map with procreate and the program doesn't display the level of zoom. I might have drawn smaller than I'm used to

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very, very, very impressive!!! What a work... you overwhelm us with an avalanche of superb maps ! So much so that we have no more REP to send you !!! In any case, this one shows an incredible work force! It's huge, detailed and of a really huge variety... it shows the range of your talent, and it's very wide ! The whole is very attractive for the eye, the colours are very interesting and we can easily get lost in the reading of the details !
    A huge congratulations for this map and all your work! It's great to see that your talent is recognized and that your reputation is well established!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very, very, very impressive!!! What a work... you overwhelm us with an avalanche of superb maps ! So much so that we have no more REP to send you !!! In any case, this one shows an incredible work force! It's huge, detailed and of a really huge variety... it shows the range of your talent, and it's very wide ! The whole is very attractive for the eye, the colours are very interesting and we can easily get lost in the reading of the details !
    A huge congratulations for this map and all your work! It's great to see that your talent is recognized and that your reputation is well established!
    You are way too kind and what you say makes me really happy, merci Joël

All three maps look amazing! I also love the details and the warm colours. The border of the world map is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    All three maps look amazing! I also love the details and the warm colours. The border of the world map is beautiful.
    Thanks a lot Neyasha More maps for this world will be coming next year