Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A view of the City of Argentières

Map A view of the City of Argentières

It has been quite a time, I think, so... Here's a view of the city of Argentières, capital of the Argyre colony on Mars, in my Elzévir setting.
    It was first intended to be just a side illustration of the Argyre regional map, but ended in something more detailed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vue Argentiere VE.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	5.88 MB 
ID:	130704
    french version
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vue Argentiere VF.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	5.88 MB 
ID:	130705

Hope you'll like it!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

You are... insane. In a good way. There's just no other word for it. That is amazing, amazingly complicated, and still easy to visualize and understand. I don't know how you do it, and do it so consistently.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Completely agree with Diamond here! Absolutely amazing map and glad to see the completed version! Not certain there are enough houses though

What D said! Amazing work, Ilanthar!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

By Diamond
    You are... insane. In a good way. There's just no other word for it. That is amazing, amazingly complicated, and still easy to visualize and understand. I don't know how you do it, and do it so consistently.
    Thanks a lot, D. ! Well, my motivation for cities came back with this one, so I'm pretty happy with it.

By Arimel
    Completely agree with Diamond here! Absolutely amazing map and glad to see the completed version! Not certain there are enough houses though
    Thanks, Arimel! Yeah, I'm playing my joker card about the houses : fortunately I didn't exactly decided how populated the city is .

By Eilathen
    What D said! Amazing work, Ilanthar!
    Thanks a bunch, Eilathen !

The map is really good and I'm agree with Diamond: so "simple" and clear visually speaking.

By Simkin
    The map is really good and I'm agree with Diamond: so "simple" and clear visually speaking.
    Thank you very much, SImkin !

Hot damn! Now that's a city map. Excellent perspective. Your linework is fantastic as well. Always a joy to see more of your work Ilanthar.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

By Arsheesh
    Hot damn! Now that's a city map. Excellent perspective. Your linework is fantastic as well. Always a joy to see more of your work Ilanthar.
    Thank you very much ! Actually, I'm pretty sure the perspective is messed up here and there (at least for buildings)... but if it's not visible, then all is fine .

This is super awesome. I really like your job, every single piece of art you present here deepens your world. This map is leaking with ambiance and history. You truly are a worldbuilder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast