Thread: My Cartography Journey

Info My Cartography Journey

Hi Everyone

I've been working on and off for the last few months (it's taken much longer than I would have liked) on an article which is now live on my website about how I got into Cartography. The article also looks at a bunch of my early work which I haven't shown previously and also goes through the progression of tools I've used to make my maps.

If you're interested in having a look the article can be found here.

Also, here's a bit of a teaser of some of the maps in the article.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210827_161058.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	130931 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210827_161036.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	5.46 MB 
ID:	130932
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Thanks for sharing. I found it encouraging.
    View my website and Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I found it encouraging.
    Thanks Kai, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

It's been wonderful to see your progress as a cartographer, Will. I have always been fond of your style, and to see some of your earlier work as a precursor to some of your more recent work that I've seen unfold here really hits home how far you've come.

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    It's been wonderful to see your progress as a cartographer, Will. I have always been fond of your style, and to see some of your earlier work as a precursor to some of your more recent work that I've seen unfold here really hits home how far you've come.

IR
    Thanks Ian, I don't think I'd really realised how far I'd come either when I started writing the article and pulling out these old maps. It was really nice taking a look back.

I really liked to see how you progressed and changed your techniques ! And indeed you improved a lot in a bit of time !

I read your article Wminish, and found it inspiring. I would say that you made big progress in a very short period of time! Congrats