Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2021 Challenge: Kelemnia

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think I'm going to dump the corner art, actually. As I said earlier, they're not mine, and I don't want the most-remembered thing about one of my maps to be an element of it that isn't even mine.

Got rid of the corner ornaments, and toned down the saturation of the entire border so it's more in line with the other colors of the map. Speaking of color, I've blocked out the major states. This is starting to have the same feel as that Bannarith Empire map I did a while back, so I may go crazy and add five bajillion labels to this thing before I'm done.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelemnia5.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	131124  

Guild Member

Classically alluring.

your corner art still amazing.

I agree with your decision to avoid the shields on the corner and use coherent corner art instead. I feel they are a lot dominant still, but might be my personal taste/feeling!
    I do like the coastline as crazy, and the mountain work makes a lot of sense to me!
    Also, the subdivision of regions in the peninsula/archipelago is fantastic! It looks totally legit and pleasant!
    I am sometimes focused on drawing specific elements that I forget that a map should be "readable" as the main characteristic. And you have done a wonderful job with it!
    I think an explorer would get lost with my maps ahahahahah
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Wow Diamond, you never disappoint. I like that where the brick is in the original is just 'The Great Desolation', cool touch. Very convincing names for a Greek-themed map, well done.

IR

Thanks for the positive words, guys.

@Ren: I also think the border is still too dominant. I'm planning to 'weather' the edges to sorta simulate paint/ink flaking away over time, so that should help with that issue.

Another update:

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelemnia6.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	131184  

awesome way to solve with the border! I like the subtle fade you made for the corners!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

What I prefer when I come back in the Guild is too see dear old fellows working here, doing great job, creating new worlds and incredible maps. 'love this one, Diamond !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast