Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September 2021 Challenge: Stanheed Peninsula

Yeah, this is coming along really well! I like the way you did the lighting on the mountains.

Hey there! Quick Update: I had the need to change my machine, cause of the last one decided to abandon me. I've lost about 13hours of recording of the painting and this made me a little frustrated. Took some times to re-enter the mindset. This challenge is getting to one end and I don't want to leave this undone!

So, this is time to continue!

Ps, I'm really bad with names, would you mind suggesting some names for Rivers, forests, and Ranges? It will be helpful!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16b.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	131256
    ### Latest WIP ###

Still some struggles with the new monitor and color settings.

I'll try to invent some names now (I'm very bad with them XD)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16b.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	131255  
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Name:	18e.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	11.16 MB 
ID:	131259
    ### Latest WIP ###

And this is where I am (I told you I'm actually bad with names lol)

I still need to work on a few details, even If I assume this is almost done.

It is so pink lol.

EDIT: I have realized that the "dot" used as markers can be confused with the letter "o" for some tags. I might do something about that.
    Last edited by RenflowerGrapx; 09-26-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Guild Member

Beautiful! I wish I had the patience to craft artwork like this.

Awesome work!

Quote Originally Posted by MatteBlack View Post
    Beautiful! I wish I had the patience to craft artwork like this.
    You are too kind! I was thinking the same a while ago. Then I told myself "I need to rush less, and enjoy the process". I'm SO SO SO FAR from the detail level I'd like to add, you know? I really get bored easily... =) So thank you for saying so, because working more time on a single project, is what I'm trying to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by XploringMap View Post
    Awesome work!
    Honored! Thank you <3

Name:	19sm.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	11.19 MB 
ID:	131269

### Winner ###
    Last edited by ChickPea; 10-20-2021 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is just... beautiful. This may be a weird "like", but I love the way you've done your lettering, that subtle color palette and slightly smudged look.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    This is just... beautiful. This may be a weird "like", but I love the way you've done your lettering, that subtle color palette, and slightly smudged look.
    Hey Diamond! Thank you for your words! I don't enter the challenges too often here. So when I do, i make sure to exit from my comfort zone.

I'm used to sticking to saturated colors, black edges, and aggressive contrast in my maps. This is why I went with something different in the challenge. I think these challenges are the best way to experiment and having fun in the run!

And, yes. I think I will adopt this subtle palette herein after. I like that the first focus is on the map...and only after, looking closer, you can notice the locations and all the smaller things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast