Thread: Mioris (Commission)

Default Mioris (Commission)

Hey folks! Here's my latest map commission.
    The style is a bit different than most of my maps because I did most of the work on an ipad. However I had to switch back to the computer because I found the limited number of layers in procreate too restricting. Any ways to get around that or other apps for mapping on an ipad?

Any comments or criticism are welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyler_draft.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	131110

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Nice map Josiah. I really like your maps.
    I think it is because out style are quite similar. I guess we both started off by studying Jonathan Roberts maps?
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Gorgeous. Very immersive map and the colors are amazing, especially the colors of the the seas and the plains.

I like how you depicted the region in the southwest around Azura; the lightning and clouds, rivers of lava, and the giant gorge. The northen forests look really nice too.

I know it's a commission and someone else's world, but it would be nice to see cities, roads, and other architecture added in.
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Nice map Josiah. I really like your maps.
    I think it is because out style are quite similar. I guess we both started off by studying Jonathan Roberts maps?
    Thanks Voolf! I think that's true, generally we have relatively similar colors. Yup I learned a lot of what I know from Jonathon Roberts' maps, bought the maps of a land of fire and ice even though I hadn't read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordus View Post
    Gorgeous. Very immersive map and the colors are amazing, especially the colors of the the seas and the plains.

I like how you depicted the region in the southwest around Azura; the lightning and clouds, rivers of lava, and the giant gorge. The northen forests look really nice too.

I know it's a commission and someone else's world, but it would be nice to see cities, roads, and other architecture added in.
    Thanks Vordus! Glad you like that part of the map, I was only told that that part of the map is influenced by powerful elemental forces, and to somehow portray that on the map.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM