Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aug/Oct '21 Lite Challenge: Rainard's Rise

Guild Artisan

Default Aug/Oct '21 Lite Challenge: Rainard's Rise

Aug/Oct '21 Lite Challenge: Rainard's Rise

Has been far too long since I have been in one of these, but spring and summer always seem to pull me away. But the hint of fall is calling me back.

I got the basic layout in. Rocky terrain giving way to a little rise giving high ground to any weary travelers.

Not 100% sure where I am going. Barren landscape, scrub brush, or trees, or both. But its a start.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CampFireHill.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	131119

Edited: Yeah, I know, no one likes the grid, lol. I will try and remove for the update. Like to have it in for scale.
    Last edited by Kier; 09-08-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Welcome to the Challenge Kier! It is good to have a firm foundation to build your campsite on.

Guild Artisan

Thanks, Bogie.

Started bringing in some more details on the little plateau, trying to bring it to life. Relief lines, to give more height and dimension to the rise. As normal, some of the details may change, some may stay, some may go. I have a lot of cleaning up to do some layers are still overlapping but its a start.

Still not sure on what type of vegetation I am going with. Pretty much just threw a couple trees in to see what they looked like. Truthfully in the large picture I don't like them, lol. But in a small snap shot I do.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CampFireHill3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	131152

Still not sure on what type of vegetation I am going with. Pretty much just threw a couple trees in to see what they looked like. Truthfully in the large picture I don't like them, lol. But in a small snap shot I do.
    Last edited by Kier; 09-11-2021 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Deleted the smaller photo as it kept pulling up as my main image

Guild Artisan

Been plugging away. Brought in Taller grass, deleted it, lol. Rendered up a few plants, and brought some in from the files. Still not sure where I am going with the terrain. I feel it needs some height so working with trees, but had originally wanted it more sparse, so we will see. I am thinking I need to bring in some brush vs trees, so I am going to work on that. Also not sure if I went too aggressive with the slope.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CampFireHill6.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	131176

Looks like a great base for a wizards tower. Campsite this year, tower next year!

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looks like a great base for a wizards tower. Campsite this year, tower next year!
    Right?

I am thinking I went to aggressive for what I originally intended but sometimes all the tweaking and layers creates a happy new technique. I really dig the striations in the slope sides(I think thats the word I am looking for). Sometimes my ravines or slopes look to clean.

I was originally going with a small rise with large boulders that was defensible in a barren landscape. But who knows, you got me thinking of an ancient towers last remains would work just as well.

That sounds like a great idea!

Guild Artisan

Plugging away. Added some more layers of shrubs and growth. Darkened the Tree shadows trying to add some depth. Still trying to figure out what I like and don't like. Liking most of the shrubs and grass, the plants on the rise, not sold on the color just yet, they seem to stand out too much. Maybe a saturation thing.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CampFireHill7.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	131222

Guild Artisan

Still working away on the terrain. I am liking it so far. Still not sure on the trees, they might go, but I have said that from the beginning. I need to some more on the top 1/8 or so, but I think I like the bottom and sides up to the rise. Going to start on the campfire now, not sure if I am going burnt out/vacant (probably), or a loaded site.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CampFireHill7A.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	131356

The terrain looks great, time to add in whatever version of a campsite you want it to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast