Thread: Need partial world map for RPG setting and novel setting.

Guild Novice Guild Supporter

Default Need partial world map for RPG setting and novel setting.

[Compulsory] Commission

flat payment for the right to use and/or ongoing royalty is negotiable. I respect that your time and art has value whether a seasoned pro or amateur.

Subject

I'm not able to post the map here for some reason. I have a very bad/poor quality map that already has errors/ lack of clear details I intended...

It would be the central Northern portion of a much larger continent.
    It's focusing on one 'kingdom' that is about 300 kilometers north to south and about 400 kilometers west to east. The map would probably be a 20% larger to show the borders.
    I need advice and help with this scaling and sizing. My idea is a overall size larger than England but smaller than say the whole of Europe. Very basic topography with two mountain ranges is decided. I have a few named cities, highways and landmarks but mostly still not named. the artist would have a large amount of freedom to fill in the details. I'm hoping for something balanced and realistic (more than I can manage on my own) so I would defer to the artist and their expertise for river flows, number of rivers, elevation flow and change, forests, distance between cities etc.

I would hope to be able to speak with the artist to give them details and get advice- a collaboration on the concept so that it is a practical project/map they can work up to a quality that satisfies both of us (my standards and demands likely to be pretty low- leaning on the artists expertise here)

Style

I would like the artist be able to work in the map style they like the most/which is most appropriate for the commission we negotiate (maybe not all the bells and whistles just yet)
    I am not that picky about the visual of it. I like many different map styles. Less important genre of map and more important just good quality.

One thing I would want is some realism. Doesn't have to be perfect but should look plausible and realistic to people after mild scrutiny. I'm not really that knowledgeable so I'm just looking for a more experienced and knowledgeable map maker.

Quality & Size

Looks matter less to me than practical realism and function
    It would be something I might use in print or web
    I haven't thought about dimensions and am not knowledgeable on this topic. As long as the size of the region is easy to see within the map then I'll be happy. I suppose something too big and too high of resolution might be difficult to add to things and use so probably not too large/detailed.

Time Constraints

No real rush- It's most important to me that the artist is passionate about maps, enjoys making them and has a genuine interest in helping me put a quality map to my creative project. If you are a busy artist or person- we can work together. I would just want good communication. Like if you say in 1 week and it takes 2 months that would be a deal breaker. If you say 2 months because of backlog- it is what it is. I'm waiting on Layout for a top quality artist in January. I understand a good/popular artist may have backlog.

Copyright

I only want something I have the right to use. I would want the artist to have the right to use the map in whatever other ways they wish, like promoting themself etc. No worries. As long as I have the right to USE it- I'm happy.

Contact Details

I am on the discord server for this site.
    I am also on hotmail and facebook and instagram and so forth.
    my specific hotmail is like...
    shiffd followed by an at mark etc.
    Or hit me up on discord. Cheers!

-----UPDATE I've gotten massive response so please give me some time to look through eveyrone's portfolios etc. and make a decision. Sorry if I don't get back to each artist/offer directly. I will update here when I've made a decision. Thank you again.
    Last edited by Worldmaster; 09-15-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Hey there I would certainly be interested in your project and would love to discuss with you in more detail what you might like for specifics and am open to rights for the piece and time frame things like this are almost always better to have sooner rather than later if possible.

Feel free to reach me through my email ralarismaps@gmail.com and we can certainly take talks to discord for easier back and forth discussion. With all my clients I always prefer to have an audio call with them and make a preliminary sketch so we can make sure we are both on the same page. Using that sketch I will give the price estimate charged as a flat price but based on how many hours I estimate it to take.

Please take a look at my website here where you can see some more of my work and see what you might like. I can go for a different style than what is shown in a lot of my references if you wanted something different I am open to discussion!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kay
    RalarisMaps

Hello!

My name is Vadim and I'm a fantasy cartographer from Saint-Petersburg.

You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/
    You can contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com

I would love to help you to bring your world to life! Thank you in advance

Hiya!
    My name is Kellerica, and I'd love to help you out. I'm an experienced mapper and have worked with authors, roleplayers and other storytellers to bring their worlds to life. You can find some samples of my work on my website, or follow the links in my signature to my social media platforms.

My website has a handy contact form you can use to reach me if you so prefer, or you can email me directly at r (dot) simila (at) kellerica.com
    I can also be found on Discord as Kellerica#1687

Looking forward to hearing from you! Cheers,

Kell
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Journeyer

Hello! I've sent you an e-mail with links to my pages! CHEERS!

Hello everyone who has contacted me- Thank you so much.

I've gotten over 10 responses between posts here, DMs and direct emails.

It is a bit overwhelming. Please forgive me if I don't get back to each person individually. I need some time to research and look through everyone's work and make a decision.

Thank you again everyone for the response. So many of you have great work you make the decision difficult!!!

I will update here to tell people if I have made a decision. Some of you I've put in a file that even if I don't choose you I'll come back to you when I need maps that I think are more what you are good at. Some of the cities some of you made were pretty awesome but I don't need city maps or dungeon maps (yet/right now)

Cheers,
    JJL

FOLLOW UP

I am sending some requests/questions to individual map makers whose maps I see potential in-

My main questions is -

How much can you help me make the layout of the region realistic in terms of city placement/proximity, highways, river flows and topography arrangement.
    My payment method will be paypal or payoneer, preferably paypal.

Thank you

Hi Bane,

My name is Valeriya and I love creating detailed watercolor fantasy maps, from city to world map scale. Please take a look at my portfolio and let me know if my style suits your project. We can discuss the prices and details through email or through DMs here.

Contact at valeriyazhukova ( at ) hotmail ( dot ) com

Kind regards,
    Valeriya

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Hi there, I'm interested in this job. I'm an experienced cartographer with various commissions under my belt as well as awards on this site for my work. You can check out my commission page at www.worldofelyden.com/commissions and can contact me on the form on that page, or directly at info@worldofelyden.com

Regards,
    Nate

I might be interested in this as well , here my Contact page on Deviant art ...

https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...aps-and-worlds