Thread: Want professional maps for a DnD Campaign Setting

Default Want professional maps for a DnD Campaign Setting

The Gist:
    I am looking to commission two professional level maps, intended for digital reference and to be printed out as large scale posters. This will be for non-commercial, personal use in a home DnD campaign.
    I need the assistance of someone knowledgeable in geography and cartography to help me design these regions and make maps for them.

Specifics:
    I am looking to create two maps for use in a long running DnD campaign set in a late medieval/early modern fantasy world. The two maps I want are a Continent Scale map (1 hex = 60 miles) and a Kingdom Scale map (1 hex = 6 miles). Roughly the equivalent of a map of Europe and a map of Switzerland, for comparison. I intend to print out both maps in large poster formats to use for distance calculations and tracking overland travel, and so they will need to be detailed enough to allow for that.

I am looking for someone who knows a lot about geography and approaches their maps with an eye for realism in terms of layout and distribution of features. How do mountains/lakes/rivers/forests/etc form, and why? Where are these features logically located? What would the weather be like and how would that impact the terrain? How many cities/towns/settlements would there be, and where would they logically be built? How would crazy magical phenomena change these factors? I would like to work with someone that knows how to answer these questions.

Setting:
    2000 years ago, a magical catastrophe befell a country the size of France, teleporting the entire landmass to the middle of a neighboring continent. The resulting impact was catastrophic, tearing up the landscape and scattering the ruins of this once mighty country across the neighboring lands. In the time since this catastrophe, the people have rebuilt new kingdoms atop the ruins of the old world, and now seek out magical artifacts from the lost civilization to study and incorporate into their own technology.

The continent consists of 14 countries, known collectively as The Godlands, situated in the northern hemisphere in a location roughly equivalent to Europe on Earth. This will be the focus for the Continent Scale map.

The central country, Middenal, was ground zero for the impact of the old kingdom. The lands are now surrounded on all sides by the mountainous remains of the shattered land, with the kingdom flourishing in the valley at its center, and able to largely keep out of the conflicts of their neighbors due to their nearly impassible mountainous borders. Middenal would be the focus of the Kingdom Scale map, and would be a well established, steampunk-ish kingdom filled with messed up terrain and ruins of a lost civilization.

Style:
    I am willing to accept any style that would look good in a large scale format, but key factors would be clearly labeled points of interest and all the necessary details to use the map for planning overland travel, like roads, trade routes, important cities, a map scale, and a hex grid.

Quality & Size:
    Professional quality, suitable for digital reference, and printable at a scale of 24" x 36" with a 1 inch hex grid.

Time Constraints:
    No particular rush, as the campaign is not set to begin until late next year.

Copyright:
    I will have the right to use the map for any personal, non-commercial purpose. The artist will retain the copyright to all of their artwork. The fictional locations depicted in the maps would still belong to me to be used however I see fit.

Contact Details:
    Reply to this post or through private message. Once details are hashed out I'll be happy to exchange emails with whoever ends up taking this project on.

Etc:

I have attempted a few maps using Wonderdraft, but I'm largely unsatisfied with my own work. I can provide those maps, as well as more details with the artist once an agreement has been reached.
    Last edited by Reisen; 09-20-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Hi!
    I'm interested, if you want, check my website and visit the map gallery:
    www.andreaalemanno.com
    In case I can send you a portfolio to you.

Best
    Andrea

Guild Journeyer

Hi, my name is Endi and would love to join your project! You can check out my work at:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

FB: https://m.facebook.com/Strigunart/?t...&source=result

If you're interested you can contact me via email: endi.oblak93@gmail.com

Hello there I would be interested in this project you can message me if you have any questions or anything through my website or here. Feel free to take a look at some of my past work here on my website.

You can reach out directly to me via email if you'd like as well at ralarismaps@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you!

Hello, Reisen!

My name is Vadim and I'm a fantasy cartographer from Saint-Petersburg.

You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/
    You can contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com

I would love to help you to bring your world to life! Thank you in advance

My map request has been taken. Thanks, everyone!