Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***October 2021 Challenge - The Haunting***

Default ***October 2021 Challenge - The Haunting***

Greetings cartophiles. Halloween is just around the corner and in celebration of the holiday this month's challenge is to map a haunted structure or location. While haunted houses may be the first thing that comes to mind the scope of this challenge is wide enough to allow for some creative license. For instance if you wish to map a haunted starship that is just peachy keen.

The competition shall end on or around the close of A Hallows Eve (PST) and the winner shall receive the treat of a shiny new golden compass. So what are you waiting for? Go on out there and wake the dead.

As always, please remember to follow these three simple rules, lest you receive a trick rather than a treat:
    • Title your thread: October 2021 Challenge: <<your title here>>
    • Use the ### Latest WIP ### tag before EVERY work-in-progress image
    • Only maps begun on or after today are eligible to be entered into the challenge (no prior work allowed)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hmm. Would a Ravenloft-type setting fall under this umbrella? Someplace where the whole world or region is "haunted"?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hmm. Would a Ravenloft-type setting fall under this umbrella? Someplace where the whole world or region is "haunted"?
    This looks like a good ideia.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Yup, that's a green light.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Sweet. I might update my eternal night/vampires everywhere map from a few years ago...

Oh this will be fun. I may jump in on this one, as it will give me a chance to map out one of the main entities for a campaign module that my buddy and I have been working on this year.. It is known only as "house".

IR

Guild Member

Does having a secret hatch in your basement that leads to an ancient god's resting place, count as haunted?

Oh my goodness. I hope yo have enough time to jump on this. But I'm afraid I won't..
    Unless i do a simple lineart work. Might be a challenge to work on B/W map. Like an inked outlined only.

However....eh. maybe it's my luck not to take part, because this challenge is sooo hard!

I mean, i personally would have issues to represent the haunted part.
    It might be easy to map a place (vehicles, indoor places or world maps, weather).
    My difficulties would be about giving a good mood.

D:

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Quote Originally Posted by limon View Post
    Does having a secret hatch in your basement that leads to an ancient god's resting place, count as haunted?
    Is the ancient God in a position of ghostiness? Or just dead?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Is the ancient God in a position of ghostiness? Or just dead?
    I was thinking about the god coming back to world through sacrifices and It consumes and contaminates the soil around it. Actually I sketched out the idea take a look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomeOftheDeadGod.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	365.4 KB 
ID:	131395
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomeOftheDeadGod2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	131396

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast