Thread: Trail map and dip pen.

Default Trail map and dip pen.

Trail map and dip pen.
    I'm still a beginner in map drawing and I'm learning. This is the first serious work. I wanted to use the elements I was learning. For example, a text box, an ornate map name, ornate corners, etc. There's still a lot I want to try.
    For the first time I used a dip pen, ink and transparent paper. I wanted to draw my own trail map.

About the map:
    Title: Covid Trail
    Description in the box: The Covid Trail is a 5 km long walking and cycling route between the Pilsen district of Slovany and Bolevec. Since the spring of 2020, at the time of the spread of Covid-19, it has become a safe substitute for urban transport.

This map is my memory of the time when I started walking to work. Thank you Covid-19 :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CovidMapWithPen.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	988.5 KB 
ID:	131478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CovidMap.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	131479  

Blog Entries

Dobrý den & welcome to the guild. Nice map ! I had to look up where abouts this was and found some real images of the place which looks very pleasant.

Thank you for the positive response. The trail is more pleasant than a tram ride.
    I tried to color the picture. I'm not a painter, I only use a few basic colors. I'm interested in what you think about the processing of this map. I still have a lot to learn. And try and try and try ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21-10 CovidováStezka-bar Reduce.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	131503  

This is looking really good. The inking is done well and the colour selection really suits the piece. Great job for an early effort and welcome to the guild.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really amazing! The colors have come out great and I really like the smaller elements. The train is fantastic (I am slightly biased there though but, then again, who isn't. Trains are amazing!)

nice colors.