Thread: Hiyoru and the lands of the Dream Guards

Wip Hiyoru and the lands of the Dream Guards

Over the past month or so I have been working on this shogunate-inspired fantasy world.
    Including a mixture of European fantasy elements and Japanese political structure, ive been able to create the foundations for some very interesting world building.
    However this is the cartographers guild, and what good is a world without a map, so here is the map as so far.

Ive split the Shogunate into separate provinces, ruled by the Daimyo, which is then further divided into the Shugo (taking place of smaller houses in European-inspired fantasies ie: ASOIAF)

In the third image i have begun some rough planning for the continent this country resides on and other land massses which curve around with the hemisphere.
    this main landmass is divided into multiple states with the majour trade routes outlined across the continent.

I plan to keep this thread updated as i continue to work out the land.
    Happy to take on any tips in regards to making maps.
    although i have been drawing maps for many years as a teenager, ive moved into digital art and could use some tips in creating depth in my maps.

-LH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LANDS OF HIYORU - DAIMYO PROVINCES.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.25 MB 
ID:	131546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LANDS OF HIYORU - SHUGO PROVINCES.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	131547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Globe 1 Named.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	131548  

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild. All of your maps look nice and this japanese culture themed RPG sounds interesting. We have another member here Gamerprinter who has been doing some similar themed RPG stuff and you might like to check out his recent threads and look at the images and material he has been making too to see if its useful for you.

Wip Orthographic to equirectangular to 3D

wow! today was a productive day!

yesterday i had looked into how to take my previous orthographic projection into an equirectangular projection and ultimately found out really id have to do it by hand, which today i put to effort.
    i played around with some map layouts using the latitude lines on my previous map as a guide. Ultimately i managed to find out the right layout of the map so it would display the 2D orthographic the same on a 3D sphere.
    i expanded this equirectangular map by adding more continents and landmasses coming up with something im very proud with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLAT GLOBE MAP.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	7.56 MB 
ID:	131635 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUGOS PLANET SMALL gif.gif 
Views:	43 
Size:	7.59 MB 
ID:	131636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	globe.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	472.8 KB 
ID:	131637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D MAP ORTHOGRAPHIC.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	427.2 KB 
ID:	131638
    Last edited by LucasHobbit21; 10-24-2021 at 06:09 AM.