Thread: Looking for battle/encounter map for my Egyptian-themed campaign

Question Looking for battle/encounter map for my Egyptian-themed campaign

My D&D campaign is set in a medieval fantasy version of Egypt (a fantasy Egypt that was never conquered by outside forces, so remains Egyptian instead of Persian, Greek, or Arabic). I saw this video (https://i.imgur.com/qcjfccG.mp4), and that's the feel I'd like for a map for city encounters - tight passages, small bridges/crossbeams, curved stairs leading up and down into small apartments or shops. So far I haven't found anything that does it for me.

Two questions:
    * Does anyone know of an existing map out there that gives the right feel? I don't necessarily mind paying for one if it's good enough, but I don't want to buy map packs at random hoping a good one will be in there, if you know what I mean.
    * If I were to commission one from a proficient mapper, any suggestions who to ask and how much it might cost? I used to be active on this site, but haven't done anything here in years, I'm out of touch with the mapping community. If you are a mapper and are willing to take this on, contact me with details.

My campaign plays on Tabletop Simulator, if that tells you anything. A 3D map would be amazing, but probably outside my price range.

Thanks,
    Master TMO
    Last edited by Master TMO; 11-02-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

The amount of work in your request would depend on a bunch of factors such as: the population, size and detail required on the map.
    Do you need the buildings identified by function or owner?

Here is a couple of WIP that gives you an idea of the style I use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarinerCity-WIP.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	131730

Name:	Hakar-Sumek-WIP.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	131732

Quote Originally Posted by ScribblersEmporium View Post
    The amount of work in your request would depend on a bunch of factors such as: the population, size and detail required on the map.
    Do you need the buildings identified by function or owner?

Here is a couple of WIP that gives you an idea of the style I use.

Name:	MarinerCity-WIP.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	131730

Name:	Hakar-Sumek-WIP.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	131732
    I actually already made a city map, using an online tool to generate the basics and some slight modifications from there. I don't have a copy of it handy to post while at work though. It doesn't come anywhere near professional quality, but it's sufficient for now.

For this request I was looking for a battlemap/encounter map that shows a section of street that gives a similar feel to that video linked above, of tight quarters, somewhat chaotic layout, where people might appear or disappear from sight at a moment's notice. Do I need to modify the original post to make it more clear?

Thanks for your response! I'll take a look at your work, definitely, because I don't plan on the PCs staying in this city forever!
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

I found the likely problem - my subject stated "city tabletop map". I've updated it to read "battle/encounter map" instead. Sorry for the confusion!

Update: well, that doesn't seem to have updated the Thread title, just the post title....

I have definitely been away from this site for too long.

------

I've updated the thread title for you. Hope it's all correct!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

The closest thing I'm aware of is Caeora's free map of the City of Secaris! Maybe that helps?