Thread: Multiple Maps Needed - Massive City and World Map for Campaign

Default Multiple Maps Needed - Massive City and World Map for Campaign

Okay, this is my first request and first post here, so please be patient with me. I'm willing to pay via PayPal, but the price is negotiable depending on quality and the price the artist requests (I know several artists, so I'm willing to pay a decent amount for good work).

This campaign is one I've been working on for ages, and I would like to see it in full physical form finally. The first map, the city, is meant to be absolutely massive. I can't think of a good scale to use, but from one end of the city, it takes from sunrise to sunset to get from one end to the other by carriage. It should have four gates, one in each cardinal direction, and two docks districts, one for fisherman and the other for actual shipping. This map is the most important map, so contact me for more information.

The second map is for the rest of the world. It should be roughly the same size as the Earth, but with only three continents. Aside from the placement of two cities, I have no qualms about the locations of anything in the second map. I would like the main city from the first map (known as "Sanctum") to be located on the northern bank of a small sea (called "The Lake"). Directly south of Sanctum across The Lake is it's rival city (which is nowhere near as large), called Triton. There is a land route around The Lake from Sanctum to Triton on the eastern side of The Lake (The Lake should connect to the ocean on it's western side), but other than that, the artist is free to do as they wish with the map.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Hi there, I'm interested in this job. I'm an experienced cartographer with various commissions under my belt as well as awards on this site for my work. You can check out my commission page here and can contact me on the form on that page, or directly at info@worldofelyden.com

Regards,
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by ElzbethE View Post
    Okay, this is my first request and first post here, so please be patient with me. I'm willing to pay via PayPal, but the price is negotiable depending on quality and the price the artist requests (I know several artists, so I'm willing to pay a decent amount for good work).

This campaign is one I've been working on for ages, and I would like to see it in full physical form finally. The first map, the city, is meant to be absolutely massive. I can't think of a good scale to use, but from one end of the city, it takes from sunrise to sunset to get from one end to the other by carriage. It should have four gates, one in each cardinal direction, and two docks districts, one for fisherman and the other for actual shipping. This map is the most important map, so contact me for more information.

The second map is for the rest of the world. It should be roughly the same size as the Earth, but with only three continents. Aside from the placement of two cities, I have no qualms about the locations of anything in the second map. I would like the main city from the first map (known as "Sanctum") to be located on the northern bank of a small sea (called "The Lake"). Directly south of Sanctum across The Lake is it's rival city (which is nowhere near as large), called Triton. There is a land route around The Lake from Sanctum to Triton on the eastern side of The Lake (The Lake should connect to the ocean on it's western side), but other than that, the artist is free to do as they wish with the map.
    Hello I might also be interested in this , here my deviant art portfolio.
    If you like and are interested you can contact me directly there.

Regards
    Naima.

Hello!

My name is Vadim and I'm a fantasy cartographer from Saint-Petersburg.

You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/
    You can contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com

I would love to help you to bring your world and city to life! Thank you in advance

Wow, gotta be honest, wasn't expecting quite this much of a response so quickly. So, I've looked at all of your work (nothing TOO in depth, and I have no REAL eye for this sort of thing), and I love it all. This is a challenging choice. With your permission, I'll be contacting each of you for price quotes as well as showing the work to a friend who also does this sort of work (just not on this scale) for her opinion. If anyone has an issue with that, let me know. I'll wait until tomorrow to start contacting people, just in case. Thank you all for your interest, and anyone else who shows interest after this~!

Guild Member

Hello , I am limon and I would like work on the city map. You can see my portfolio here:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

You can contact me through alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com

Hope we can work together.

Hello Elzbeth,

I'm a Scottish map-maker with several years' experience in hand-drawn maps up to 20" x 30", and my portfolio is here: https://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/ with a price-list here: https://www.ryansthomason.com/Rates/, and I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.