Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ***November/December Challenge - Collaborative Map***

UDATE:

Hey everyone, just wanted to go ahead and let you know that by popular demand the challenge deadline has been extended till the end of December. Hopefully that will give everyone enough time to coordinate on this project without feeling too rushed. Thanks everyone for your input and look forward to seeing some fun collaboration maps.

I am still looking for a partner. Pretty much work with traditional drawing, GIMP, and Krita. I am looking to broaden my tool kit, but those are where I feel I can contribute.

I don't have any ideas, though if you have only a vague idea of what you want to do, I could run with the constraints and come up with something. If you have a clear idea, I can work within that, too.

Well, this is a bit of a vacant wasteland of a challenge currently, busy time of the year to collaborate I guess. I know I didn't have much brainspace until now. But I'm finally done Nanowrimo and there is sort of space available in my brain again, so if you're still without a partner, rdanhenry, I know you wanted to do every challenge this year and I hate to see you fail just because no one gave you a slice of their brain to work with, hit me up and I'll tell you how I think we can pull this off in the time we have with our completely different program set. Heh.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hi, everyone. It looks like the challenge has been quite slow to start - it's almost the end of December, and we just got our second entry in.

Are there people who would still be interested in entering? I appreciate the end of the year and the Holidays can be a busy time, so I'm just trying to get a feeling if the small number of entries is more due to lack of time, or if the challenge was a bit too difficult for people to jump in.

I promised Arsheesh I'd take care of closing the challenge, and was also going to run January's, so if there are still people who would want to join in, I'd be OK letting the challenge run for one more month. But not much point if there is no interest, so let me know what you'd prefer!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

It was already extended a month and I doubt extending it another will yield better results than simply having a new challenge. This current ones is one of the most difficult challenges both technically and logistically because of the required coordination between participants and the timing of it just didn't work out I'd say.

The two entries so far are pretty banging though. Perhaps a better question would be who is actually involved but hasn't posted?

I think if there are a couple of entries that are being pushed to the wire to get them done, an "extension" where this challenge is extended by a couple more weeks but the next challenge for January is also started at the same time, making the voting concurrent with the Lite challenge, would be appropriate?

I mean, it's not a huge competition with only two entries, but if we're the only two teams that managed to coordinate something and no one's panicking and trying to finish a map, then it's fair to call it?

I really liked this idea but I think it would have been better at a slower time of year, maybe mid-summer or something.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

So, do we have a decision yet? Because we're under the mark for a 24 warning on the original revised estimated closing time.

I think I will close the challenge; doesn't look like there's much interest.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234