Thread: Ang' Ruta, land of the dread wings

Map Ang' Ruta, land of the dread wings

Hi guildmates !

Earlier this year, I purchased an ipad along with the pencil to draw on a display tablet. I hesitated a long time with a wacom cintiq but went for the ipad as I work as a nomad and the ipad is a self sufficient tool.

I was disappointed at first, working with procreate. The software is really cool to use but it lacks some essential tools I used with photoshop and photoshop on ipad is really below par to say the least. So, the ipad slept in a drawer for three month.

Then I decided to roll up my sleeves and take a swing at it to learn how to use it properly and set up a good workflow by drawing a map. It wasn't easy (I'm a beast of habit) but I found my pace, juggling between procreate on the ipad and photoshop on my computer.

This test map is Ang' Ruta and working with a display tablet has it's perks as classic illustrations are easier for me that way. So, here's the map with little to no background besides that little critter in the lower left corner (inspired by Johan Egerkrans' magnificent work).

Hope you like it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FDOIQRsWYAQwCEP.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	719.4 KB 
ID:	131788
    © Thomas REY - 2021 - All rights reserved

Cheers !

Thomas

EDIIT : The lettering is also way cooler with a display tablet (this one heavily inspired by our own J.Edward a.k.a. John Stevenson)
    Last edited by ThomasR; 11-07-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Really nice one! Subtle work on the colours. And that dragon is a win .
    And you have good inspiration materials

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Really nice one! Subtle work on the colours. And that dragon is a win .
    And you have good inspiration materials
    Thanks a lot Julien, I accidentally tried new colors but I like how it came out.