Thread: Wibur 1.89 and rivers

Question Wibur 1.89 and rivers

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, so please let me know if I should ask elsewhere.

I'm trying to use the latest version of Wilbur (1.89) to generate rivers using the Texture->Other Maps->River flow... option. Every time I try this, the background image of the map data disappears and it's as if I had checked the box to say override the background color. As a result, I can never get a version of my map with a rivers overlay. I even tried saving after the rivers were generated, with the black screen showing, but when I reload the file, the rivers are not present.

If I switch to the 32-bit version, it works as expected, the rivers are shown on top of the rest of the map, but I experience other instabilities (frequent crashing) with that 32-bit version.

Is this a known issue with 1.89, or is there something I need to do to get the rest of my map data to display along with the rivers? I notice a similar thing happens if I use ctrl-Z to undo an operation - all the terrian/height turns black, but in that instance I can zoom in or out and then scroll and the display refreshes. Oddly, choosing the menu option to refresh the display doesn't show the map data. I have to do something like zoom first and then scroll.

I am using Windows 11, in case it might be related to that.

Thanks,
    Brian

Lazy sw dev keeps breaking &^*%^ and posting it online. He's a couple of years behind on getting that one fixed (it's the same bug as the image going black on undo). The suggested workaround is "composite it in an external image editing program like Photoshop". Typical arrogant BS from the guy.

The 32-bit version is an older one.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Lazy sw dev keeps breaking &^*%^ and posting it online.
    Heh... go easy on yourself! There's a ton of cool and handy stuff in that program, regardless of the bugs. And you make it available for free!

Thanks for letting me know it's not something I was doing wrong.

Cheers,
    Brian