Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basile

Map Basile

Hey folks,

Today I’m sharing a very personnal map.

In February of 2020, less than a week before our first lockdown in France, my wife, my daughter and I welcomed a new member in the family. We love a good surprise so, we discovered on the spot that he was a boy and was named Basile. He’s strong, playful and has the cutest smile ever and his golden locks make our hearts melt every day

I drew a map for his birth announcement card from an early ultrasound of him but, covid frenzy being what it is, the card was delayed (and still needs to be sent almost two years later). The map slept on my computer for a time and I reopened it recently to give it a proper frame using DimensionDoor fantastic tutorials on his Instagram account. His name is Basile, Orphée REY (double the kingship), hence the lyra.

Without further ado, here it is :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basile.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	8.45 MB 
ID:	131910
    c Thomas REY - 2020 - All rights reserved

Hope you like it, be sure our family does

Cheers !

Thomas

PS : I had to frame my daughter’s map properly and add some personal stuff too (look at he plushy !) so, here it is too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alice.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	7.43 MB 
ID:	131911
    c Thomas REY - 2017 - All rights reserved

EDIT : if a CL could add the "e" I forgot at the end of "Basil" in the title, I'd drink a beer in the name of their eternal glory
    Last edited by ThomasR; 11-19-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Congrats, Thomas! I remember hearing you'd had another addition to the family, and I wondered if we'd be seeing a map like you did for Alice, so I'm happy you've finally posted it. I can definitely see the family resemblance between the two...

Beautiful work and a treasure to keep down the years. I love the parchment borders, and the plushy is so cute!

Oh, and I fixed the name for you. Enjoy your beer!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Congratulations! These are definitely amazing keepsakes for them and have turned out really well.

Congratulations, Thomas! This is such an amazing idea and a wonderful memory for a special moment. I'm sure the card will cause a lot of joy!

These are beautiful. Really cool. Congratulations on the birth of your son!
    Last edited by KaiAeon; 11-20-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    View my website and Instagram

Aww I'm sure they will admire them for all of their days, and surely look up to their dad for such a wonderful gift. I admire you not only as a cartographer, but as a father, too.

IR

Both these maps turned out amazing! Great idea to use the ultrasound! And I love the border.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Congrats, Thomas! I remember hearing you'd had another addition to the family, and I wondered if we'd be seeing a map like you did for Alice, so I'm happy you've finally posted it. I can definitely see the family resemblance between the two...

Beautiful work and a treasure to keep down the years. I love the parchment borders, and the plushy is so cute!

Oh, and I fixed the name for you. Enjoy your beer!!
    Thanks a lot Ruby, I couldn’t not have shared it with the Guild and thanks for fixing the title Basile has grown a lot, at 20 month, he’s almost as heavy and tall as his 4 and a half yo sister !

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Congratulations! These are definitely amazing keepsakes for them and have turned out really well.
    Thanks Arimel I hope they’ll like it, my daughter is 4yo and has started drawing treasure maps

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Congratulations, Thomas! This is such an amazing idea and a wonderful memory for a special moment. I'm sure the card will cause a lot of joy!
    Thanks Neyasha, the one I drew for Alice a few years back was appreciated by the family

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    These are beautiful. Really cool. Congratulations on the birth of your son!
    Thanks a lot KaiAeon

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Aww I'm sure they will admire them for all of their days, and surely look up to their dad for such a wonderful gift. I admire you not only as a cartographer, but as a father, too.

IR
    You’re way too kind Adfor, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Both these maps turned out amazing! Great idea to use the ultrasound! And I love the border.
    Thanks a lot Geralt and thanks for sharing your tutorial on borders, I’ve put it to good use

Well, the concept and idea are still genius. And it's quite interesting to see the evolution of your style between the two.
    Your children have the best room deco ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, the concept and idea are still genius. And it's quite interesting to see the evolution of your style between the two.
    Your children have the best room deco ever
    I will second that… it is a wonderful way to commemorate the growth of your family . Have you printed them out yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast