Thread: Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: Map a Dragon's Lair!

Default Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: Map a Dragon's Lair!

Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: Map a Dragon's Lair!
    Create a Dragon's Lair. A simple theme, but with lots of possibilities. If you play D&D you know there are all kinds of Dragons
    who live in all kinds of places. You don't have to follow D&D guidelines, but you can if you want. Red Dragons usually live in mountainous caverns often with lava because they like the heat, White Dragons often live in Frozen Ice Caves, Bronze Dragons live in the desert. But just like the old joke "where does a 600 pound gorilla sleep....Anywhere he wants" Dragons can make their lairs anywhere they want. In a swamp, in a city she destroyed, in a shipwreck, in the clouds,,, your choice, your imagination.

Please remember to title each thread: Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper
    with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at
    voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of December, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this challenge will receive, a silver compass, demonstrating his or her Dragon Master greatness!

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses,
    1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, December 14th (provided I don't fall asleep in my chair again.)

Lol Seems like 2021 is the year of the dragon. Thanks for the challenge it helps me sketch out my world some more.
    View my website and Instagram

Hi guys!

I haven't been around the forum lately, but I decided to draw a map during the upcoming week, an island that is a home to 6 dragons. So I came over to look for some inspiration and this challenge is here, what a coincidence!

Do you think I could post my map here when I create it, or does it specifically have to be one lair of a one dragon?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I haven't been around the forum lately, but I decided to draw a map during the upcoming week, an island that is a home to 6 dragons. So I came over to look for some inspiration and this challenge is here, what a coincidence!

Do you think I could post my map here when I create it, or does it specifically have to be one lair of a one dragon?
    People frequently say, and many police TV shows often quote: "there is no such thing as coincidence" I say, BullCrap!
    Coincidences happen all the time and I find them very interesting. A frequent coincidence for me & my wife is that we always meet someone we have a connection to whenever we travel. 18 years ago we were in the Orlando Airport waiting for our flight back to Maine. I started talking to a random couple who were standing near us. Turns out they live in the first house I lived in after I was born.

Although I used the singular "Dragon's Lair" my intention was not to limit your creativity, If your lair houses 6 dragons then I say Fantastic!!

When I first saw the title for this challenge, the first thing that came to my mind was Dick the Daring attempting to rescue princess Daphne from the evil dragon Singe. Haha.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    When I first saw the title for this challenge, the first thing that came to my mind was Dick the Daring attempting to rescue princess Daphne from the evil dragon Singe. Haha.
    I love me some Dargons Lair. That game stole soooo much of my money before I realized it was all just trial and error. 1 button and 4 directions.

Guild Artisan

Got my thinking cap on. Stuck between an Ice Lair, or Jungle theme. I think the Jungle one will be much more challenging so if my drafts pull up something good I will lean that way.

24 hour warning!! I will start the voting in about 24 hours from posting this.

Time to finish up.