Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Verdant Isles

Map The Verdant Isles

These are the Verdant Isles, a world full of nice creatures and spectacular biomes. It was made for the upcoming RPG 'Teatime Adventures' by Snowbright Studio. You can find the kickstarter here. The map shows different Isles centered around an enormous magical dead tree that gives life in other places of this world. A cozy fantasy world asked for a special border with a high tea and different flora found on the different isles.

Every time I make a map I learn a bit more. This was a challenge when it came to time, color, contrast and perspective. I had to work on a tight schedule (which meant working nights and early mornings..) But I managed to finish it just before the deadline! I hope you like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verdant Isles.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	659.7 KB 
ID:	131936

I love the the border illustrations, they bring such a unique charm to the map. The map itself looks lovely as well. Is this a giant tree stump at Broken heart desert?

This is adorable! I absolutely love the border on this one, it conveys such a a huge amount of character. Wonderful work.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Member

This is an absolutely beauty.
    I can just image opening this book, seeing that map for the first time, and knowing what a great story I'm about to experience.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This reminds my of the J.Edwards island maps. I like the coastline's flat to cliff transformations. I always have trouble pulling that off well and it is clear here. The bees look neat too.

This is such an illustrative map and your terrains are beyond gorgeous ! As you may have guessed, I have a soft spot for your border

Wow I really admire your illustration work, DD. Your perspectives are top notch!

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    These are the Verdant Isles, a world full of nice creatures and spectacular biomes. It was made for the upcoming RPG 'Teatime Adventures' by Snowbright Studio. You can find the kickstarter here. The map shows different Isles centered around an enormous magical dead tree that gives life in other places of this world. A cozy fantasy world asked for a special border with a high tea and different flora found on the different isles.

Every time I make a map I learn a bit more. This was a challenge when it came to time, color, contrast and perspective. I had to work on a tight schedule (which meant working nights and early mornings..) But I managed to finish it just before the deadline! I hope you like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verdant Isles.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	659.7 KB 
ID:	131936
    Looks really nice, what did you use to color?

This is very good. I like the warm and comfy vibes.

The landscape feels very natural and organic, with its soft and bumpy shapes. It's very pleasing to explore.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

This is awesome! Love the whole thing, colors, shading and the beautiful linework are just right.
    And the frame is a delight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast