Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wheel of Time

Gorgeous! D'you think you'll colour it in and put prominent structures on the map for flavour?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post
    Much better for me! The smalls town icons help a lot for the global understanding.

Courage for the continuation! You're on the path for a masterpiece!
    Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Speaking of wizardry, you're crafting a magical map in here !
    I'm really impressed by your last maps, and this one is setting the bar even higher.
    Haha, well I’m glad we can both be inspiring to each other. Let’s hope our mapmaking endeavors will continue to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    It's looking so great, DD. Too bad the show isn't even half as good...
    Thank you Diamond! I’m sorry to hear you are so disappointed by the show! A lot of people seem to feel that their beloved world and story is butchered. Well, at least we have the books!

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Saying this looks better than the show would be really underselling the quality of the map (so far) since the show is awful.
    Ha, Wired! Thank you! I’m glad you raised it above awful. And I hope to continue making this map a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    This already looks amazing.
    J.E. is our top-notch cartographer here, so no wonder you take inspiration from him, as many other i presume (myself included).
    However, you do have your own inprint in this and your illustrations are so inspirational and neat!
    Met Stevenson is amazing, his depth and colors are so good! I’m glad you like my take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Gorgeous! D'you think you'll colour it in and put prominent structures on the map for flavour?
    I’m absolutely planning to put some color on this map! What prominent structures would you like to see?

Well, here is my latest WIP! I’ve added mountains, peaks, rocks, canyons, weird looking rocks, etc. Not done with lining but I’m well underway!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE990E72-765C-476F-BF5B-A6F1D5B22518.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	7.90 MB 
ID:	132105

Fantastic! I'm gonna watch closely how you shade/color it for sure .

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Fantastic! I'm gonna watch closely how you shade/color it for sure .
    Ha! I will keep you posted. For now still lining.. I’ve shared this map on a Wheel of Time Reddit community and got overwhelming and wholesome reactions. Resulting in a 50+ list of thing to change and add. I’ve altered the map and begun sketching the border!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	A8ABEBBF-7056-40A5-9C6A-7996D71F64E4.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	4.88 MB 
ID:	132160

Coming along very nicely! Looking forward to see how it turns out.

This is really looking good. ... Thanks for including your sketchy working out layer!
    I have been wanting to try out a style a bit like this for a while... but my sketch method just does not lead to iso-mountains.... so I end up going back to top-down relief type views.

I can't see any bloopers in yours yet... except it is hard to tell the difference between roads and rivers, but the colouring will sort that right out :-)

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Coming along very nicely! Looking forward to see how it turns out.
    Thank you Naima! I really have to focus on the big picture.. I get too invested in the details. Let’s hope it turns out good!

Quote Originally Posted by Misjay Maps View Post
    This is really looking good. ... Thanks for including your sketchy working out layer!
    I have been wanting to try out a style a bit like this for a while... but my sketch method just does not lead to iso-mountains.... so I end up going back to top-down relief type views.

I can't see any bloopers in yours yet... except it is hard to tell the difference between roads and rivers, but the colouring will sort that right out :-)
    Thank you! Iso Mountains were a tough nut to crack. Looking at other maps and actively copying styles helped me a lot. Top down views are so impossible.. they seem like magic to me 😅

So here is my latest WIP. A bit soon but I work on this a lot. I want to finish this before the year runs out… Banners! Shields! Dragons and Snakes and whatnot.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	29670226-1D08-4A20-85F2-3CC4C3D0D6C2.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	6.06 MB 
ID:	132172

I'm floored by this map. It's just gorgeous! I know i already gushed about it but....well, i had to again ^^ Very much looking forward to the finished map and the color version. This map makes me want to play ttrpg in this world again...damn, I've no time for that
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

that's coming along very nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I'm floored by this map. It's just gorgeous! I know i already gushed about it but....well, i had to again ^^ Very much looking forward to the finished map and the color version. This map makes me want to play ttrpg in this world again...damn, I've no time for that
    Haha, Thank you Eilathen! I’m really glad you like it and tag along this ride. And yes! This world with it’s intricate history and culture would be really nice to play in! What would you play? Aes Sedai? Aiel? Forsaken?

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    that's coming along very nicely!
    Thanks! It is a nice and long ride with definitely some great views along the way.

Well, the flat colors are in, time to do the shading and shaving. There are certain bits I still have to figure out. The contrast with the cloak in the upper right corner, contrast and readability in general. The Shading of the oily black Tainted Saidin will be a challenging thing. The ripped part of Tel’Aran’Rhiod needs close attention when shading. But I’m looking forward seeing this map finished!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	8319AEF6-3D8F-4797-B887-D9B5DD22F86D.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	4.37 MB 
ID:	132211

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast