Thread: Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: There be Dragons

Default Nov/Dec '21 Lite Challenge: There be Dragons

Hello Friends!

Here's my map so far. These islands are inhabited by not one but six dragons, at least as far as humans are aware. Some of the dragons cover a large territory, others stay around very specific locations, and there is one awkward nomadic dragon that could be anywhere...

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon Map 1_2.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	1,022.9 KB 
ID:	132005
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Artisan

Very nice colors and Great shape.

Welcome to the challenge Kisachick! Thanks for getting us started!

Nice landmass!

Thanks guys!

I didn't like the colours myself, I wasn't sure why, but now that I look at it on a different day with a fresh eye, I think my deep water is too dark, it makes the shallow water look like it's glowing. Or maybe it's the shallow water that is too bright... I'll change them a bit and see what happens.

I would say it is the shallow water that is to bright.

Hello Friends!

Here's an update on my map. I think I balanced that weird water issue out. I drew the name of the main island, I hope you like the calligraphy.

I was hoping to add more to this map before I posted this update, but I'm just having a bad day where several upsetting things happened one after another, and I'm feeling overwhelmed right now. But posting an update despite of so much anxiety might help me out of this funk quicker. Let me know what you think of this current version.

Also, where is everybody else's maps?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Dragon Map 1_3s.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	132072

The water is better and the calligraphy is great!

Nice calligraphy and colors! The calligraphy is especially top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I can't enter silver tier anymore.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I've jumped in now. We're up to four entries.

Hello Friends!

I've added some pins to the map to show dragon activity.

Not every dragon just sits in its lair. Some are notorious for covering a large territory. Some may have multiple lairs, some none, perhaps. There are dragon secrets yet to be discovered on the Island of Ovigalis.

The large pins are confirmed or rumoured dragon lairs. The small pins indicate frequent or most distressing sightings of a particular dragon.

We have one dragon prowling the Eastern Fjords; one dragon occupying a large, labyrinthine lair built into a steep mountain side; one very scary dragon can be found at the lakes, though it is unclear if he even has a lair. One very dangerous dragon lives in a cave in the northern region; one dark, elusive, winged dragon has been spotted across a wide area and it is rumoured she has multiple lairs, but no one has ever been able to find one. Lastly, there is the mightiest, biggest, baddest red dragon that plagues the central regions. She is rumoured to hoard a lot of treasure, so adventurers frequently try to raid her lair. Only it never ends well. But for some reason... most of them come back alive. Why could that be?

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Dragon Map 1_3b.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	132119