Thread: G-Plates Alternatives

Default G-Plates Alternatives

I've been trying to take my map making to the next level lately as the previosu maps I've made of my fictional world have been a bit too simplistic for my taste. After viewing the videos of the great Artifexian (may he live forever) I decided to give G-Plates a try and while it has been very helpful for my map making (especially when it comes to the artic and polar regions) Gplates would require a fairly lengthy QA process to rise to the level of "user unfriendly". Its an awesome program but its obviously meant for academic work rather than artistic work.

Does anyone know of similar programs that are a bit more user friendly and artistic in nature?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorjavert View Post
    I've been trying to take my map making to the next level lately as the previosu maps I've made of my fictional world have been a bit too simplistic for my taste. After viewing the videos of the great Artifexian (may he live forever) I decided to give G-Plates a try and while it has been very helpful for my map making (especially when it comes to the artic and polar regions) Gplates would require a fairly lengthy QA process to rise to the level of "user unfriendly". Its an awesome program but its obviously meant for academic work rather than artistic work.

Does anyone know of similar programs that are a bit more user friendly and artistic in nature?
    G plates to me is too complicate and not really giving the actual informations I need when making maps, so I usually do either manually or could use this program to start :

http://davidson16807.github.io/tectonics.js/

https://astrographer.wordpress.com/2.../tectonics_js/