Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Map a Randomly Designed Dungeon or Village!

Default Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Map a Randomly Designed Dungeon or Village!

Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Map a Randomly Designed Dungeon or Village!

Map a Dungeon or Village created by a very cool random dungeon generator. I am including a link to the 2 random generators.
    These generators were created by Watabou. Click on them, play with them, find a map you like and recreate it in your style.
    Include as much details as you wish. Some people like very plain basic maps that they can customize and others like maps loaded
    with details to give them ideas. Both ways are good, make this map the way you want to make it.

Here are the Links:
    One-Page-Dungeon

Village Generator

Please remember to title each thread: Dec/Feb "22 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper
    with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at
    voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Due to the Holidays affecting the timing of the Lite challenge we will give you 2 months to make your maps
    and we will end on or about the 14th of February, after which we'll have 3 days of voting.
    The winner of this challenge will receive, a silver compass, demonstrating his or her Mapiness!!!

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses,
    1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.
    DEADLINE: End of day, February 14th (provided I don't fall asleep in my chair again.)

Here is what one of the Watabou Dungeons look like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watabou-Dungeon.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	132155

Guild Artisan

I have never seen that dudgeon one before, thats pretty awesome.

The town one is pretty cool as well.

This is so cool, I hope there will be a lot of maps for this challenge.

On the other hand, the current regular challenge is empty, and doesn't look doable, because you need a partner for it, which would probably be next to impossible to find at this point...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like when we have challenge with random generators. Nice....

This sounds great! I've been wanting to try a town map but I never know where to start with the layout. Didn't know about those generators, that's super helpful

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by thefairyandfox View Post
    This sounds great! I've been wanting to try a town map but I never know where to start with the layout. Didn't know about those generators, that's super helpful
    Actually these 2 are quite contagious. Before I knew it spent over an hour. Be sure to use the non-itch version, as it allows you to save it once you find some you like. You can right click on the map and it opens a settings tab so you can change the perimeters, trees, how many etc.

Hi there! Nice challenge, are we allowed to use an other generator? I found some very nice stuff to map with the Watabou Medieval Fantasy City Generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine.L View Post
    Hi there! Nice challenge, are we allowed to use an other generator? I found some very nice stuff to map with the Watabou Medieval Fantasy City Generator.
    Since it is in the same family of generators that would be absolutely OK.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That village generator is a god-send! Thanks, Bogie!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That village generator is a god-send! Thanks, Bogie!
    Glad it is helpful! I can't take much credit for it though, I stumble on it in someone else's post the same day I was looking for ideas what to run for this challenge. Unfortunately I don't remember which post I read it in so I can't credit them for the assist. Who ever you are, Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast