Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: README: Mapping Challenge Rules

Don't like commiting threadomancy but I have a question.

In the Lite Challenge rules it says you can't participate if you've won a Current Challenge Compass. What if you were already participating in the Lite Challenge and won the Current Challenge before the Lite Challenge ended, would your entry be removed from the running or would you still be allowed to compete for that one Lite Challenge and barred from future Lite Challenges as normal?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I think you'd probably slide in the qualification, as in your case, you won the regular challenge before the Lite challenge was complete and voted on. But in normal cases no, once you win a normal challenge, you are disqualified from participation in the Lite Challenge. I think you're OK though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd let it slide but I don't think that you're gonna win anyway. Heh heh, kidding.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the replies, I just realised I can't enter anyway because one of my maps has been chosen as Cartographer's Choice map a while back.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

You can quasi-enter just for practice...just make it a wip thread instead of a challenge entry.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

I'm a bit confused as to some of the rules for these monthly challenges:

Are we allowed to enter in maps that we have already made (and displayed on this site) if they are applicable, or does the map have to be something the guild hasn't seen before?
    I'm also confused about the ###Latest WIP### thing. Is that a requirement, or a suggestion, or what is it about? I'm seeing some entries have it, and others not, and in different places.

Technically your map should have been started on or about the start of the challenge which was the first few days of the month. Even if you started the map as intended for something other than the challenge and displayed it here - its OK to use in the challenge. If you started the map last month then it doesn't qualify.

### Latest WIP ### is for the thumbnail scraper (which hasn't worked the last month or so), but a script to capture the latest map image is posted on Latest WIP page containing thumbnails of all the entries. You place that bit of code at the end of your post, before you post the thumbnail image of your map.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

So that means Cad Goleor is off the menu, as I started that (and posted the initial sketch) in April. I might be able to do a zoomed in map though, or my Annwn map I've started working on. I'll see if I can come up with something. I would like to compete. Thanks Gamerprinter!

The main reason we set limits on the challenges is to get folks accustomed to working to a deadline. If you never intend to try to make money off your maps then, cool, challenges are there to just be fun for you or experiment with new things. If you do hope to take on commissions in the future, you will have to get used to deadlines and other parameters set forth by the client. So for that reason we say, no old maps - just brand new ones. Of course if you have an old map that fits the criteria and you wait until like the last few days to post it then we might get suspicious but there's no way to prove anything so it might slide by. That's one of the reasons why folks post updates along the way - to show how the progress is going. The tag grabs the very last image in the thread to use for the thumbnail compiler that we use to post up all of the images for voting (well more specifically the very first image after the very last tag). Folks often forget their tags or do them wrong or forget to title them properly or put them in the wrong subforum so we CLs go in and fix them up when we see them.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

Question concerning the deadline

If it states : On 27th November - does it mean: 26th Nov. 23:59:59 @-5hGMT or 27th Nov. 23:59:59 @-5hGMT ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast