Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: README: Mapping Challenge Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EricPoehlsen View Post
    Question concerning the deadline

If it states : On 27th November - does it mean: 26th Nov. 23:59:59 @-5hGMT or 27th Nov. 23:59:59 @-5hGMT ?
    Umm... it means whenever one of the CL gets around to it, which once in a while might even be the following day unfortunately(sometimes we CL's are just busy... or slack....) ie, for best results, assume that you should be completed 1-2 days prior to the deadline to be safe... and then if you have any small, quick last minute tweaks to make that you can edit and post before the CL manages to lock the threads.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

normally when I set a date, I close the contest the day after, sometimes early in the day (and I'm in CET+1) sometimes late depending on how busy I am.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

So concerning the current challenge, do I have the sunday, the 27th for some final details or do I have to wrap it up tomorrow? I am also at +1 GMT

As JF said, we can't tell you for sure. It just depends when a CL gets around to doing it. If you want to be super safe, then do it at the earliest possible date you have calculated that the challenge might close.

OK, so I will make a final 'WIP' tomorrow evening, just in case

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi, there its timezone +1 Here in Germany, but there is still somewhere on planet earth a person who have +11 more hours than I to stay on 29th Feb, can I used those timeline for my entry? Its still somewhere on Earth 29. Feb so I guess.

The challenges are not automated and on a clock, one of the CLs closes it when he has the time for it. So most times the challenge runs a few hours or even days longer than announced. Yet you should not count on it. It is possible that it is closed on the day mentioned as final day. So it is a good idea to upload some final WIP a day or two before the challenge is officially done...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in GMT+1 as well, and when I'm closing a challenge I usually do it the morning after the day announced to give everyone maximum time to finish. But as EP says - its up to the individual and sometimes you have a conflicting scedule that pushes your hand
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Banned User

Old thread, but I guess it's the place to ask .... when does each new challenge start? The official (first of the month to the last 5 days) statement doesn't seem to be applying this month. Is it just whenever the right person finds time to post one? Will it still end at the end of the current month, or does it always get 4 weeks?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast