Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dec/Feb '22 Lite Challenge: Barraglom

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by MatteBlack View Post
    This is looking so nice, the only thing I would say it bump up your ground shadows under the foliage. Your shadows under the bridge are dark and crisp and I think you can carry that same weight under the trees. Also, I think you may want to pick a directional light source so all of your 3D surfaces are casting shadows in the same direction. Maybe the bridge should have a shadow on one side only?.
    Thank you. I agree on the trees, I am thinking the shadows are a little light.

And I have thought about not doing a straight top down view shadows but a different angle of the sun. I might give it a whirl if I have time.

Guild Artisan

Deepened the shadows on the trees and worked more on the bank along the field. Thinking that part is pretty much done.

I need to move on to the houses now. And we will see where we go from there.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CowAlley7.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	132621

Guild Artisan

Bringing in some houses now. Not 100% sold on the layout of the town, the houses seem close to the road, but will work with what I have. Created these 2 houses at the start of the map, just now settling in on them after a lot of false finishes.

Added some rubble and things in the river as well. Although, at this resolution I am not liking the 2 branches up top, too similar and right across from each other. I think I will slide the top one down closer to the bridge, space them out a touch.

One you start getting realistic it's hard to draw the line sometimes. Do I add worn down paths to the houses, etc. ? I never really know where to draw the line.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CowAlley8.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	132625

Go, go Kier, join the triple silver club!

It's too empty to tell how good it will be right now but I do see the potential. Remember though, you're going against some dudes who have watercolour and calligraphy skills. Tough competition this time!

The fields look a bit too uniform, if you have the time try overlaying a second crops texture on top to add some chaos, so the plants look more like plants and not soldiers.

Just a personal preference though, not a big deal.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild Artisan

Thanks, Kisachik. Yes, there is some serious competition this time around.

Still plugging away with the houses and buildings. I don't know why but I can never use the same ones, and have to have variety in each map, probably why I never do many realistic towns. Liking my houses so far. Not liking the sheds or smaller dwellings with no chimneys. Thinking I might go round chimneys on the smaller ones versus none.

In the back of my mind I am trying to figure how to do a legend on this one. Easy to do if i post the final at this size, but if I go with a full inch for square in the final to see the details my legend might be huge.

Anyways, here is the update.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	CowAlley8.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	132670

Get's better and better!

Guild Artisan

Alright, I have to call this one done.

I am still going to tweak it as the month goes on. I have been rehabbing a shoulder injury and has not been going well, making my laptop time dwindle the last 2 weeks. I am not sure how large this image will come out, but I do have higher resolution if anyone wants it for actual inch squares at 100 resolution.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Barraglom.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	5.26 MB 
ID:	132766

It's quite adorable, almost wish I'd live there if I didn't already live in the forest! Good job!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Nice work, glad you got most of it done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123