Thread: Vanain maa

Map Vanain maa

Haven't posted maps here for a long time - somehow I've managed to convince myself for being too busy lately.

Here's a quite simple fictional map drawn for a private client last summer. This was a fun commission, as the client just gave me a list of eleven place names that are important to her and her family history, and a wish to have some kind of fantasy-theme, and then I got free hands to do a map. The map is 30 x 40 cm (12" x 16") and as there are not much content, I had to draw everything considerably larger than I've used to. Personally I wasn't really happy with how the colouring - it ended up a bit to incoherent, as I didn't had enough experience in using Copic markers in this scale when starting the map. But in general this was a really fun commission and the client was really happy with everything, which is most important.

The map is hand drawn with Micron pens and coloured with Copic markers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vanain maa Orbigraphia.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	6.00 MB 
ID:	132368

(If you think the map is darker in the bottom left corner and lighter in the top right corner, you're right - I photographed this map just quickly before delivering it to the client and discovered the bad lighting afterwards.)

Looking forward to hear what you think!

- Mikael
    www.orbigraphia.com - More maps also in instagram @orbigraphia

It is really cute. you did well expanding your style to the larger scale.
    yeah the coloring in looks a bit chaotic ... but it does not detract from the charm. 'tidier' colouring might make it look too sterile somehow maybe.

I absolutely adore this, it's clean and well rounded, bravo!

IR